The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

The Balcony

Go down 
+45
William Pennington
Gabriel Latimer
Rose Boleyn
Abigail Denny
Anthony Denny
Victoria Brandon
Charles Henry Stafford Br
Elizabeth Black
Mary Howard
Henry Throckmorton
Faith LeBeau
Dorothy Seymour
Clement Smyth
Philip of Bavaria
Madeline Stuart
Benjamin Baines
Anne Lumley
Katherine Tudor
Anne Parr
Catherine Parr
Edward Seymour
Thomas Seymour
Elizabeth Seymour
Elizabeth Crawley
George Boleyn
William Stafford
Francis of Navarre
William Kingston
Jane Adler
Chandra Knight
Margaret Wyatt
Ursula Misseldon
Stephen Gardiner
Annie Wyatt
Christina of Milan
Cesare Garcia
Catherine Earnshaw
Arthur Bentley
Charlotte Rosenauer
Mary Rose Tudor
Edward Craven
Nan Saville
Jane Parker
Jane Bassett
Charles Brandon
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Victoria Brandon
Duchess of Somerset
Victoria Brandon

The Balcony - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 1:19 am

"I highly doubt that all ladies are too virtuous." Virtuous shakes her head in disagreement "Women can be like wine. Some are too sweet, too bitter, or just right. But, I won't judge you on your thoughts of marriage."
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Gentleman of the Privy Chamber
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 10:35 am

Anthony smiled and remarked, "You seem very wise for your years."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Brandon
Duchess of Somerset
Victoria Brandon

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 8:09 pm

"Thank you." Victoria wraps her shawl tightly around her upper half of her boy as the Winter wind gets colder "I best be going. Tis a pleasure to have met you, Sir Anthony."
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 8:12 pm

Anthony nodded and bowed his head with a smile, "And you my lady Victoria. Have a pleasant night."
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 6:11 pm

Anthony trudged out onto the great hall, moving past the dancers and other courtiers to stand at the balcony. He was handed a goblet of wine and he immediately emptied the cup.

What had he done? He loved Joan, of that there was no question. Yet, he was hurt by her fickle nature that he believed she had not accepted any responsibility for. His own selfishness meant that he did not consider any fears she may have held about their marriage, instead his mind focused upon his own melancholy musings.

He stared pensively across the darkening horizon, the sun blazing as it disappeared behind the hills in the late afternoon sunset.
Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 6:37 pm

Abigail was worried about her brother and his current turmoils. With fast steps- she reached him on the balcony.

Brother what on earth is going on with you.

She placed a gentle hand on his arm looking at him with a worried expression.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 6:48 pm

Anthony sighed, feeling more content now he had family near. He touched his hand over hers, "God knows. I feel all my reservations about marriage and commitment are unfolding before my eyes.."

He reclined to lean against the balcony, "I'm sorry for involving you in it, Abby."
Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 6:53 pm

Not at all brother I am here if you need to let of steam.

She had so many questions to ask her brother she didn't want to pry in his life. But the one question Abigail could only ask was this one.

What made you both get married is all the stress worth it.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 6:56 pm

He shrugged, "I love her," he said plainly and glanced up to Abigail, "I've never loved someone as I do her...and we've...been with each other. It was the right thing to do."

He shook his head and scratched his chin, "Yet she seems distant and she has changed I feel - I cannot place why."
Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 7:15 pm

A change in moods is normally to do with hormones. Is she pregnant brother.

Not knowing how long they had been together. Abigail couldn't comment on any other reason why her behaviour might have changed.

When did you get married- I wish I could of been their to see it.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 7:20 pm

His jaw nearly dropped at Abigail's words, "I...God I don't know. I don't think so...I'm sure she would have said."

Anthony shook his head and glanced to the gardens again, "It was rushed - a hurry. Part of me wanted to get it over and done with. I thought I'd lost her when I left Cornwall but when she came back to court...I thought there was hope. I almost wanted to make her mine before she could tear herself from me again."
Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 7:32 pm

Tutting at her brothers ignorance to the situation. She looked around hoping that no one else was about tonight.

Anthony don't be so ignorant about it- this happens a lot lady falls pregnant- goes to local village to get rid of it then we have to clear up the mess.

A part of her wished that Joan wasn't pregnant it wouldn't help this situation at all.

Your too scared to tell her any of this incase she hurts you again- aren't you. If you love someone tell them- You aren't less of a man to have feelings.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 7:40 pm

He couldn't help but smirk endearingly at Abigail. She had grown so much and seemed so confident in court - he felt strangely proud of her, "I'm not ignorant, Abby," he said with a slight chuckle,"I just - I just assumed she would have told me if she were."

He added, "I simply trusted her to divulge my emotions and she didn't give me the reaction I expected. I don't know how to mend things - she is distant now."

Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 7:46 pm

This is it- this is what I don't understand why put yourself through this. Is love truly worth it if your partner is distant towards you. If I had been in you're situation I would of said - Your loss their are plenty of others who will love me like I deserve-

An arranged marriage was her idea of a living nightmare. To stubborn and single minded to put up with a man. Abigail was putting all her efforts into her work- it never let her down.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 8:05 pm

He shrugged, "What's done is done...I hope things will get better but for now...I don't know how they will go on."

He glanced up to her and smiled weakly, "Enough of my woes - how is court?"
Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 8:41 pm

Abigail hadn't really found the time to explore court as of yet. She still hadn't explored her medicine room- which gave her more excitement than any man could.

I have my own medical room- it's fantastic! So many places to put things and so much room. I met the man I shall be working with.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 8:47 pm

Anthony grinned at her enthusiasm, she seemed to light up when she spoke about medicine, "I'm glad you are enjoying it so far! What was the man like?"
Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 9:30 pm

The first thing he asked me was if I was married.

She rolled her eyes marriage was of the cards for Abigail. A career was what mattered and love was a big distraction for her.

And you will you and Mrs. Denny stay at court. Or shall you have a honeymoon.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 9:44 pm

Anthony chuckled, knowing Abigail's thoughts on marriage. She was fiercely independent, entirely capable of looking after herself but as he was her brother - and there was something so gentle in her nature - he was equally solicitous to her well being.

"You never know Abby, you may be as great a fool as I and fall in love with someone in court. I took her to Cornwall with that in mind - I thought we could spend some time there and I could show her the place I love, my home...now, I'm not sure. I feel our argument has almost sullied Chavenage for me."
Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 9:59 pm

I thought that Joan was sweet- but it is clear as day she has broken your heart. Like a twig under her feet she has snapped it in half.

Abigail was furious- For most of her life she had wanted Anthony to find a good wife for him. To love him for all that he was and all he had to offer.

Believe in yourself dearest brother- you can do better- a lot better. I must say your home would make a great place to treat the ill.

Abigail said in jest as she rested her head against his arm.

I don't like seeing you like this brother I just wish for your happiness- you could get an annulment.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 10:15 pm

He shook his head, almost trying to convince himself. She had a point - he could leave and go travelling again, like he had done before. He could meet his friends in Europe and abandon responsibility. As tempting as it was - he was determined to remain.

"I can't, Abby. Our families agreed it and so did she and I. We took vows and I can't break them - no matter how tempting and easy it may be. I've ran from this situation all my life...I won't now."

He smiled gently as he felt her little head upon his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around her in a brotherly fashion, "I am so proud of your accomplishments. I give you my full blessing to use my home for your work. Cornwall is better than any battle field."
Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 10:21 pm

So you will be miserable all your life- I don't understand I would run for the hills before she makes a mockery of you.

Abigail couldn't understand this situation- It was bad if she could use his cornwall estate for nursing.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 10:24 pm

"I'm only unhappy now. She made me happy before and she can make me happy again," he replied.
Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 10:32 pm

You will have to forgive me if I have reservations about her now. So I hear that their is a local tavern. Oh please can we go Anthony.

Abigail wanted to see what the local surroundings of whitehall was like- and she only trusted her brother.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 10:38 pm

"There's nothing to forgive, Abigail," he replied kindly, "I would behave the same if you were in my situation...in-fact, I'd probably behave worse."

He then chuckled, "In the city - yes - but...it's full of bawds and drunks. You don't belong in a place like that."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 29 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Balcony
Page 29 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next