The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

The Great Hall

Go down 
+27
Lilliana Monroe
Katerina Anechka
Niklaus Petrovin
Charles Brandon
Catherine Willoughby
Madeline Bouvier
Gabriel Murphy
Thomas Craven
Anna Stafford
Mary Rose Tudor
Henry Percy
Edward Craven
Noelle Hoffman
Royce Westmoreland
Diane de Poitiers
Thomas Seymour
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Isabel Leigh
Elizabeth Seymour
Juan Garcia
Henry VIII of England
Margaret of Austria
Mary Boleyn
George Boleyn
Nan Saville
Emilie De Fontanay
Anne Boleyn
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Juan Garcia
Duke of Genoa
Juan Garcia

The Great Hall - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:22 pm

Seymour...
He repeated thoughtfully.
May I ask if you have two brothers, lady Elizabeth?
He took a sip of his wine.
Now I see your face looks familiar.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Seymour
Countess of Luga
Elizabeth Seymour

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:46 pm

'' Yes I have two brothers...''

I look at him little suprised.

''Do you know them,my lord?''
Back to top Go down
Juan Garcia
Duke of Genoa
Juan Garcia

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:58 pm

Yes, I have known Edward for years, but we haven't spoken for a very long time. Perhaps he hardly remembers me.
He smiled charmingly watching her reaction.
What brought you here at court, lady Seymour?
While sitting there with her, behind large pillar, he felt like they were almost alone. It seemed to be an intimate nook.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Seymour
Countess of Luga
Elizabeth Seymour

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 9:21 pm

''I am sure that he would be very glad to see you.''

I smile warmly looking at him.

''I guess that I wanted to meet new pepole and to spend a little more time with my brothers''

My heart was beating faster,and I didn't know If that was because of wine or because him.
Back to top Go down
Juan Garcia
Duke of Genoa
Juan Garcia

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 9:52 pm

If you say so... I believe your words then.
He put his hand on his chest and raised his eyebrows slightly while saying this, then smiled.
How do you find English court? Are all the gossips true about lustful dukes and docile ladies..?
He asked curiously and incredulously. Just wanted to hear her soft voice, the way she speaks, changes tones.
Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 9:58 pm

Margaret smiles at Emilie when she speaks of the French court.
O yes, I know the French court very well, though I was a child myself when I lived there. But my memories are full of happiness and laughter!

She listens at her words about feeling no need to marry, though she feels that the pain behind those words is not over yet.
Never say never, lady Emilie... though I must admit that I made this promiss to myself to never marry again after my second husband died... I loved him deeply and I don't think I will ever love again like I loved him!

She looks at two people who seem to have a heated discussion, suddenly recognizing Cardinal Wolsey.
I came here to talk with the Cardinal about trade, but he told me that I need to discuss these things with sir Thomas More, who is also my friend, so I think my mission will succeed here...

As Olympe talks to her, she smiles warmly at her and she goes on her knee for her.
Mon nom est Marguerite d'Autriche, et je suis originaire des pays-bas. J'ai une carte sur ma chambre, vous pouvez voir, accompagné de votre mère, si tu veux? She softly strokes her beautiful curly hair.
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:36 pm

Emilie smile, feeling getting nostalgique as she recall of the good moments that she have spend at french court in her childhood.
Mines are so too, it's a wonderful place !
Emilie feel moved in hearing Margaret's words about her husband, recognizing herself in this choice she made, she answer her with a voice trembling of emotion .
I understand you, he was surely a wonderful man ... myself it's a bit for the same reasons, aside that, fortunately, the man whom I loved is alive and left me ... for now I can't imagine to love another man as much as I loved him, I think that this kind of love don't happen many times in a life, maybe it happen only once time ... but indeed never say never, maybe once my love for him and pain to have lost him will be over, really over, I will love another man and marry him.
Taken in her conversation with the archiduchess, she hadn't notice the heated conversation between her dear cardinal and a lady, until she see Margaret turn to them, her face take a shocked air as she hear what this unknow person dare to say to her friend, she is hateful and talk nastily, in more she pretend to being her own half-sister Claude's friend, it can't be true, Claude is too kind for have such a nasty person as friend.
Her instinct and reason push her to don't involve in it, it could only aggravate the things, in more Thomas seem to being ready to leave the lady alone with her hate and it's would be give her too much importance to give attention to her, so she content to observe in silence from far with a indigned air, then turn again to Margaret, trying to hide her feeling toward this scene.
Ah, ok, I hope that .. the discussion with More will be pleasant, I also think that your mission will succed ! trading between countries is important.
As the lady knee toward her, Olympe lost her initial shyness, reassured that the lady being at the same height as her and step closer to her, put her hands on shoulder softly, smiling, admiring and long blond hairs and answer her with enthousiasm.
Oui ! je voudrais voir sur la cate !, madame Marguerite d'Autiche.
Having forget the scene between the cardinal and the lady, looking lovingly to her daughter, Emilie come closer to them and put a hand on her daughter's back, amused in hearing the familiar cute little errors of articulation of her daughter.

Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Seymour
Countess of Luga
Elizabeth Seymour

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:40 pm

''Oh I like english court very much... I never heard something like that.If you want to know if that kind of gossips are true you should ask someone else I am new at this court and I still don't know anything so I would not be a perfect pearson to answer on that.''

I look at him suprised.
Back to top Go down
Juan Garcia
Duke of Genoa
Juan Garcia

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 2:41 pm

He looked at her. Her face was showing inscrutable look.
You look... kind of suprised... have I hurt you by this question..?
He asked regretful.
I would like to apologize then, Elizabeth... It was not my aim. I hope you will forgive me, my lady...
He looked straight in her eyes thinking of his question. It might sound in a bad way. 'I am such a fool!' thought.
I have asked because of my fear... I do not know what I should expect here... Because of my young sister, even if I don't know if she is here... I hope you understand me. I am sometimes quite direct with my thoughts and perhaps this may be my worst weakness...
Said with humility in his voice.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Leigh
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Leigh

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 3:42 pm

She took a deep breath and calmed down a little. Anger was not helping her. Of course I will tell you what bothers me. My kind and ailing father has been accused of fight somewhere at court. Two courtiers started this fight and they accidentally hit my father and when guards came, everyone around told it was his fault, because they didn't know him. He was taken to Tower and executed the other day, just like that, you signed this. And then his whole fortune was taken over by you. He was a really wealthy man and I will never believe that you found this out after the execution. in her eyes showed up pain. She felt like all negative emotions were swelling inside her ready to burst out, but she was still in control.
Now you know what bothers me. Your greed. Furthermore... you are God's servant and having a woman by your side is way too inappropriate, cardinal. she said quietly with contempt. You should be ashamed of this. You know, I am getting more and more impressed that you act so normally when your live hangs in the balance.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Seymour
Countess of Luga
Elizabeth Seymour

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 3:57 pm

I look at him and softly said.

''You didn't offend me at all and you don't need to apologize,my lord...''

I smile warmly and nood.

''Oh I undrtand you ,my lord.Your sister is very lucky lady to have brother like you.''

I whispered still looking at him.

''I don't see that as your weakness,I admire you for that''
Back to top Go down
Juan Garcia
Duke of Genoa
Juan Garcia

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:29 pm

So he did not offend her. He felt totally relieved.
Thank you. I do appreciate your words and I think I will remember them for a very long time...
Said and felt chills going through his body when he heard her whisper. He started wondering if he was not dreaming.
My sister...
He paused totally unfocused on his thoughts because of Elizabeth. But he finally came back to normal.
...she run away from me and my father. She is too adventurous and naive... She was always fascinated with court life so I came here to London with hope of finding her here.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Seymour
Countess of Luga
Elizabeth Seymour

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 5:08 pm

I wanted to touch his hand,but I wasn't sure how he will react,so I just put my hand on bench next to his and said.

''I hope that she is alright,and I wish will all my heart that you will find her soon''

Still looking in my hand I add kindly.

''Maybe I can help you if she is here than I probably know her''
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 5:24 pm

picking up another globet walks around the hall stopping at a Lady, smilies and starts to talk with them
Back to top Go down
Juan Garcia
Duke of Genoa
Juan Garcia

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 5:32 pm

He looked at her and fallowed her sight. Her delicate hand was very close to his own. Desire to touch it was getting dangerous, he wasn't sure what was going on with him.
Her name... is Annabelle. Annabelle Atmoor... She has dark hair, brown eyes... Maybe there is an opportunity you might have seen her, my lady. She is only 17.
For a moment he switched his thoughts into his missing sister.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Seymour
Countess of Luga
Elizabeth Seymour

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 6:09 pm

''I don't know her...I am sorry that I wasn't very helpful to you,but if heard anything about her, I will let you know''

I little move my hand slowly to his and our fingers where touching.My heart star beating fast,and I didn't know what is happening to me but this new and wonderful feeling was very surprising for me
Back to top Go down
Juan Garcia
Duke of Genoa
Juan Garcia

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 7:16 pm

He wabbled softly and held his breath for a moment. Though it was a gentle gesture, felt like it was one of the most intimate moments of his life. Eventually put his hand on hers feeling its warmth and looked into her eyes with sparkle.
Thank you for your help, Elizabeth.
Said with deep voice. He knew that something was going on between them. He was sure he wouldn't let it go.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Seymour
Countess of Luga
Elizabeth Seymour

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 7:58 pm

When he put his hand on mine for a second the hole world stop moving and pepole fade away,for that second my eyes didn't saw anything else except him.I was looking right in his eyes not saying anything I didn't want to spoil this moment.
Back to top Go down
Juan Garcia
Duke of Genoa
Juan Garcia

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 8:54 pm

She was the only bright point in this quite dark place where they were sitting. He could stare at her all night long. But there were many questions appearing in his head. Wanted to know everything about such a delicate angel.
..May I ask about something?
Stroked her hand softly and put it in his both hands.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:03 pm

Wolsey listened to her attentively and frowned when she was speaking of her father's fate and his supposed part herein.
He waited untill she was finished and rubbed meanwhile his chin, looking at her with compassion but shocked about what she just told him.
' My lady, if all you say is true...and I assume you speak the truth, than... you're absolutely right to hate me!' he spoke softly but shook his head at the same time.
' ... though I must say I don't recognize myself in your description, I really don't! We should talk properly, my lady, because I want to know everything about this!' his voice grew louder as he got more excited.
' A fight here at court! An execution without trial! No, no, that couldn't be... how could that happen? You are talking to the man who sets up courts for everyone since I find it important that no one can be punished without trial! he kept shaking his head, not understanding.

'In the distant past they sometimes executed people without trial but not since I'm in charge! I would never allow this to happen!' he looked at her, intrigued. '... and you have my signed authority on this? I'd like to see it, I really do, because I can't imagine I just signed an execution order without trial! I'm going to this on the bottom, I can assure you!'

He stepped towards her and put softly a hand on her arm.
' And about my supposed greed, my lady, I can tell you that when a man is executed his possessions will revert to the King, not to me in person!'

Last edited by Cardinal Thomas Wolsey on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Seymour
Countess of Luga
Elizabeth Seymour

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:19 pm

His voice pulls me back into reality and I nood.

''Oh yes,of course...''

I look down into our hands and blush.
Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:14 pm

Margaret stood up again and smiled at lady Emilie.
Yes, he was a wonderful man indeed... I was broken after his death, even tried to kill myself, but now I live my life to the fullest, knowing we will be together again when I'll die... I built a chapel for him and me for that reason only!
Her eyes widened when she found out that her love still lived. Who knows, then... as long as there is life, there is hope and I also never thought to find happiness again after my first husband died, but I did and even loved him more.

She followed lady Emilie's gaze at the cardinal, still talking to a beautiful but angrily lady. When she noticed the shocked expression on her face she smiled reassuring at her.
It is also the same everywhere... I'm happy to have a servant like him to handle this kind of situations. People always complain and go against you without knowing the whole truth! Well, nothing he can't handle I suppose, I've met him on several occasions and he is eloquently and always gets his way. She shrugged. I like him though, or perhaps I should not say such thing, because I believe he is not loved here at court? Ohh and my discussion with sir More will certainly be pleasant, we're old friends you know and share the same opinions!

When the little girl spoke to her again, she smiled lovely at her.
Peut-être que vous souhaitez visiter moi demain dans ma chambre?J'aime ça, beau ange!
Back to top Go down
Isabel Leigh
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Leigh

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Forgive me but I do not believe you. How can I believe Cardinal who is lying all the time? sharpened her sight. I must say you act very well and you seem really sorry for what you have done. this conversation got her tired. She knew he will do anything to act like a flawless angel.
I don't have your signed authority as my mother did not get it, she was just informed about it. I don't know why, that's what my mother was told. Perhaps you have accidentally made a terrible 'mistake' with signing wrong documents. said reproachfully.
And this property might belong to the King, but all the valuable things were taken to you. Some servants were there and they told my mother that. Have you done it so many times that you don't remember this single matter? Or maybe you will say that the king was the one who let you take everything? she sighed deeply.
Nevertheless, I am going to do something about it.
Back to top Go down
Juan Garcia
Duke of Genoa
Juan Garcia

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:06 pm

Her cheeks became rose-colored. She looked so cute and innocently.
Tell me please, if there is another man in your life... As it would be hard to believe that such a woman is alone. I don't want to ruin his feelings for you as I myself would kill a man touching you and looking at you the way I do...
Said honestly. One day he finally matured to being a man of honour. He would never take other mans woman.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Seymour
Countess of Luga
Elizabeth Seymour

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:26 pm

I look up at him under my lashes and said almost whispering.

''My lord,I don't have man in my life and you will hardly ruin anyone's feelings for me''

His honesty touch me deeply
and left me breathless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Great Hall
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next