The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

The Great Hall

Go down 
+27
Lilliana Monroe
Katerina Anechka
Niklaus Petrovin
Charles Brandon
Catherine Willoughby
Madeline Bouvier
Gabriel Murphy
Thomas Craven
Anna Stafford
Mary Rose Tudor
Henry Percy
Edward Craven
Noelle Hoffman
Royce Westmoreland
Diane de Poitiers
Thomas Seymour
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Isabel Leigh
Elizabeth Seymour
Juan Garcia
Henry VIII of England
Margaret of Austria
Mary Boleyn
George Boleyn
Nan Saville
Emilie De Fontanay
Anne Boleyn
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

The Great Hall - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:00 pm

Margaret of Austria wrote:
Margaret stood up again and smiled at lady Emilie.
Yes, he was a wonderful man indeed... I was broken after his death, even tried to kill myself, but now I live my life to the fullest, knowing we will be together again when I'll die... I built a chapel for him and me for that reason only!
Her eyes widened when she found out that her love still lived. Who knows, then... as long as there is life, there is hope and I also never thought to find happiness again after my first husband died, but I did and even loved him more.

She followed lady Emilie's gaze at the cardinal, still talking to a beautiful but angrily lady. When she noticed the shocked expression on her face she smiled reassuring at her.
It is also the same everywhere... I'm happy to have a servant like him to handle this kind of situations. People always complain and go against you without knowing the whole truth! Well, nothing he can't handle I suppose, I've met him on several occasions and he is eloquently and always gets his way. She shrugged. I like him though, or perhaps I should not say such thing, because I believe he is not loved here at court? Ohh and my discussion with sir More will certainly be pleasant, we're old friends you know and share the same opinions!

When the little girl spoke to her again, she smiled lovely at her.
Peut-être que vous souhaitez visiter moi demain dans ma chambre?J'aime ça, beau ange!

Emilie listen Margaret with a moved air as she talk about her husband, then she nodd.
Yes, we can't guess what future can bring us and happiness can always happen even after most terrible sorrow, as long as we want and accept it !
Emilie glance at the cardinal and the woman with him in frowning and answer her seriously.
The disrespectuous way she act with the cardinal discredite her cause, whatever can be her reasons and if she had dignity and respect for herself, she wouldn't come there and scream her hate toward his face before everyone.
She shake her head and sigh.
Indeed he isn't loved at court, but myself I like him ... because I know him better than all theses people who judge him without even knowing him in reality, he isn't what he seem to be. But myself, I don't tell to other people that I like him because of it, I don't want everyone for turn against me because I am more clairvoyant that them for see behind appareance what there is in people's heart and soul ... I tell it to you because you aren't from this court and in seeing the things from far, I think you see them better than most people of here.
Herself is suspicious toward Thomas Moore and trust that he isn't what he seem to be and, at the contrary of her dear cardinal, not in the good way, she hate the way he treat the protestants and generally the reformist all thoses that he considere as heretics.
In her eyes, his kind, modest and humanist appareance hide a extermiste catholique zealot without mercy and probably even black-hearted since a good hearted man should show humanisme and compassion even for people who hadn't the same religious faith than him, he seem very happy when he have coldly make burn some protestant and attend to their horribly painful death, he probably think to get closer to god in doing it but she don't think that God would recognize as Gis child a man who act this way.
But he is the archiduchesst's friend and she don't want to displease this kind lady in whom she is getting a like, herself don't like to hear someone tell some bad about one of her friends, so she don't have the right to do so to her.
She feel a bit suspicous and even sad in hearing her telling that she have the same opinions as Moore, because if it's really the case about all the topics even about protestants, then she isn't sure to can become her friend.
Anyway, she decide on hide of her better what she feel when she hear Thomas More's name and ignore the end of her sentence.
Olympe, carefree and too innocent for being fully conscious of what happening around her and for understand all what they are talking about, smile to Margaret happily, nodd and answer her.
Oh oui ! je veut bien venir dans votre chambre demain !, madame.
She turn to her mother and ask her.
Je pourrai y aller maman ?, pour voir la cate !
Emilie giggle and stroke her cheek.
On dit la carte, pas la cate, ma chérie et oui, vous pouvez, puisque la dame vous y invite, on y ira demain.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Seymour
1st Baron Seymour of Sudeley
Thomas Seymour

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:06 pm

Thomas walked into the Great Hall looking about at everyone. He took a goblet of wine from a passing servants tray. He took a drink and noticed his sister, Elizabeth talking with a young courtlier. He didn't want to disturb them, although wanted to get a closer look at the young man to see if he knew him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:53 am

Walking around stopping when i see a young man walk in knowning him to be Thomas Seymour. Walks over and curties, Good evening
Back to top Go down
Juan Garcia
Duke of Genoa
Juan Garcia

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:38 pm

I do not agree with you, my lady. I suppose your beauty abash all your secret admirers, that is why you think there are not too many men interested in you...
He smiled kindly.
But if there is no other man for you... You have made me one of the most lucky men in the world.
Inclined his head, took one of her hands and gently pressed his lips to it.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Seymour
Countess of Luga
Elizabeth Seymour

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:52 pm

I blush deeply and smile.

''My lord,you flatters me...I'm glad that I'm able to make you
happy,becase my lord you make me feel something that I never felt before''

I can hardly even think straight as he presses his sweet soft lips to hand.He left me breathless and I couldn't move or think clear.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:52 pm

Wolsey listened but while she was talking his face darkened.
'You don't believe me! No, you rather believe just anyone who tells you things that I might have done! So, why should I believe you ?' His anger rose as well as his voice volume. He stepped backwards and removed his hand from her arm, as if he touched something dirty.
'You stay in my house, you step into my hall, you have the nerve to insult me and offend me between my guests... and when I ask you quietly to give me more explanation or some proof, it all turns out to be vulgar gossip talk! Well, you came to the wrong adress, I'll tell you that! ' His eyes were spraying fire and he didn't care anymore if anyone listened or payed attention.
'Ýou are going to do something about it? Well, good luck, for I will do exactly the same! This is not over yet, I'll do research myself, too!'

He wanted to leave her but after a few steps he came back, waving his finger at her.
'So, when you've found your so called proof, you will report to me at my reception room, just like everybody else who wants an audience with me! But I warn you, lady Mytforth, if you have no decent proof you're not longer welcome at my court!'
He shook his head and ran out of her and left the hall quickly.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Leigh
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Leigh

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 5:26 pm

She looked at him shocked.
His court? His hall? Who to the hell is the king here? No way, I would have never shown him anything as no one knows what could he do. thought. I knew it. I knew he would say my mother is a liar. Good then. We will soon find out who is the liar here.
She looked around and went somewhere to dark part of the hall, sat down and drank whole wine from her goblet. Then, took another one and fell into deep thoughtfulness forgetting about everything around.
Back to top Go down
Juan Garcia
Duke of Genoa
Juan Garcia

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 6:23 pm

Then I feel enhanced, my lady Seymour... You can tell me about these feelings. When you will be ready for that, of course... As we have just met.
Said quietly, almost whispering.
He felt like someone was watching them. He hardly turned his head curiously and saw a man. The man with familiar face. Yes, he was probably called Seymour as he remained Edward and, as he noticed, also Elizabeth. Then he got back to her and smiled delicately.
There is a man watching you, my lady...
Back to top Go down
Thomas Seymour
Thomas Seymour

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 7:03 pm

Guinevere Le Fay wrote:
Walking around stopping when i see a young man walk in knowning him to be Thomas Seymour. Walks over and curties, Good evening

My attention is suddenly caught by a lovely young lady. "Good evening, my lady" I say as I lose sight of Lizzie and the young gentleman.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Seymour
Countess of Luga
Elizabeth Seymour

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 7:18 pm

Jonathan Atmoor wrote:
Then I feel enhanced, my lady Seymour... You can tell me about these feelings. When you will be ready for that, of course... As we have just met.
Said quietly, almost whispering.
He felt like someone was watching them. He hardly turned his head curiously and saw a man. The man with familiar face. Yes, he was probably called Seymour as he remained Edward and, as he noticed, also Elizabeth. Then he got back to her and smiled delicately.
There is a man watching you, my lady...

I smile kindly and nood.Then he told me that someone is watching me so I look around the hall and saw Thomas.I look at him again and said softly.

''That man is my brother, Thomas...''

Then I look again at Thomas and smile.
Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 7:23 pm

[quote="Emilie De Fontanay]
[b]Emilie listen Margaret with a moved air as she talk about her husband, then she nodd.
Yes, we can't guess what future can bring us and happiness can always happen even after most terrible sorrow, as long as we want and accept it !

Margaret smiles warmly at Emilie and answers her.
I agree with you, I never thought I would find happiness again but I did, even or perhaps because I'm alone! You decide if you want to be happy, even though the circumstances can be bad.
She watches the cardinal speak with loud voice and suddenly leave the hall and she turns back to Emilie, giggling.
Well, spoken of appearances... I've heard he is short-tempered but he was really patient with the lady, and yes, she was indeed very disrespectful.
She listens at Emilie's unveiling that she likes the cardinal too and smiles at her.
Yes, I've met him on several occasions and at first I found him harsh, but it is indeed the outside and he has a good nature. I understand though that he is not popular here since he seems to rule the country on his own and if I were you, I'd never admit to anyone my true feelings about him. No worries though, I will not betray you! she smiles widely as she notices that Emilie looks dubious, not knowing that she thinks about sir More but assuming that she's afraid that Margaret might tell this to other people.

She looks at Emilie while she strokes the cheek of Olympe and winks at the little girl as her mother corrects her.
Cate ou carte, cela n'importe pas.... nous avons un rendez-vous demain, puis!

(OOC) ~ Just for the record: under Wolsey books were burnt and not people, only when Sir More became Lord Chancellor himself he started to burn people - for the same record: Margaret already burnt people in her country since the reformation started there earlier than in England ~
Back to top Go down
Emilie De Fontanay
Countess of Anjou
Emilie De Fontanay

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 8:47 pm

Emilie smile in hearing Margaret's words about her dear cardinal.
Indeed, he have a good nature but his power make him impopular, though I am sure that can he do nothing without his majesty's willing and order.
Her face take a serious air and she add.
You are the first person to whom I admit my liking in him, because you are a foreign. I know to keep a secret, but I also have a passionate nature that sometimes lead me to speak out what I really think even if it could be dangerous, anyway I feel that I can trust you.
Olympe exclaim.
Oui, madame.
Emilie smile glance to Olympe, then turn to Margaret.
I thank you for the invitation, we will come with pleasure !

Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:27 pm

I enter the hall wearing a beautiful dress, my golden hair falling in twists and curls down my back. I smile seeing the dancing, laughing and happiness.
I do hope to have someone to share this coming Christmastide with.

I carefully slid past dancer and walk to a quiet area. Out of the corner of my eye I see a handsome man, I smile a little and then look on at the dancers...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:38 pm

Walking in smiles looking around glad to be here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:43 pm

[quote=2Guinevere Le Fay2]
Thomas Seymour wrote:
My attention is suddenly caught by a lovely young lady. "Good evening, my lady" I say as I lose sight of Lizzie and the young gentleman.

Good Evening I hope i was not disturbing you curtsy am Duchess Guinevere
Back to top Go down
Thomas Seymour
Thomas Seymour

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 6:10 am

Elizabeth Craven wrote:
I enter the hall wearing a beautiful dress, my golden hair falling in twists and curls down my back. I smile seeing the dancing, laughing and happiness.
I do hope to have someone to share this coming Christmastide with.

I carefully slid past dancer and walk to a quiet area. Out of the corner of my eye I see a handsome man, I smile a little and then look on at the dancers...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

While still watching Lizzie, a beautiful blond woman catches my eye. I smile back her and walk over to her area. "Good day, my lady. Are you enjoying yourself this evening?" I ask with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 10:56 am

I look on at the festivities smiling. Suddenly I hear a man speak to me. I turn my head and find it is the man I looked at before-he looks familiar.

Have I talked to him in court before? No, I do not think so. Perhaps he is a relation of the Seymour's-I did know them when I lived in Wiltshire.

"My Lord,"I whisper smiling at him as I curtsy a little,"I am and what of you?"
Back to top Go down
Juan Garcia
Duke of Genoa
Juan Garcia

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 11:34 am

That is what I thought at once.
Glanced at her lips. Desire of kissing them was raising more and more. But he couldn't do this just like that. He would never forgive himself if he asked for too more.
Tell me something about yourself, my lady... I would love to get to know you. And... to listen to your soft voice.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Seymour
Countess of Luga
Elizabeth Seymour

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 12:31 pm

I nod,and smile looking up at his lips, my only thoughts now are- just one kiss.I take a deep breath and answer.

''I have a two brothers and sister...I lived in my family home,but I felt little lonely there so I convince my father that is time for me to come to court...I would love to know you little more my lord,so tell me something about yourself?''
Back to top Go down
Margaret of Austria
Duchess of Savoy
Margaret of Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 2:11 pm

Margaret nodd after Emilie's words.
No... of course he can't act without the King's approvement, though he is Lord Chancellor for a long time and also served the previous King, I can imagine that he acts sometimes by assuming that the King supports him... though the King would never allow him to do so, I suppose.

She giggle after her words about having a passionate nature.
Ohh I recognize myself too! I also speak at times before I have given things a second thought, it isn't always good to do so, but normally when I find a situation dangerous, I try to be more careful before I speak.

She smiles at Emilie and Olympe.
Well, I must go now, I look forward to your visit tomorrow!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 2:43 pm

As a blonde hair lady comes in she catches Sir Thomas eyes and he walks to her as am left by myself, picks up a globet starts to drink the wine, thinking if i should retire back to Cornwall or not. Sits down at a table looking around at the men and the ladies off the court that seem to be hooking up or talking to old friends. Feeling sad that am having a tough time here as not made any friends off yet. Slowly drinks the wine.
Back to top Go down
Juan Garcia
Duke of Genoa
Juan Garcia

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 4:49 pm

What could I say about myself... I live in Birmingham and... I love horse riding.
Smiled a little.
I always do it on my free time. I know it might sound weird as all of us use horses, but I just love it. And I like travelling, exploring new places... And now you know my aim of coming to London. And I think I will not leave this court as quickly as I thought before arriving...
Glanced at her meaningfully focusing on her beauty again.
I suppose you are a lady-in-waiting, am I right, my lady?
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Seymour
Countess of Luga
Elizabeth Seymour

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 5:50 pm

I look into his eyes and smile broadly.

''Oh you love horse riding...I love horse riding too so I undrstand you very well.Oh yes you are right ,my lord.''

I ask curious still looking at him.

''If I may ask,what change your mind to stay longer here at court?

Back to top Go down
Juan Garcia
Duke of Genoa
Juan Garcia

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 9:10 pm

Perhaps we could have a ride together someday.
Smiled warmly and then she asked him about reason of staying longer at court.
How do you think, Elizabeth..? It is because of you, my lady.
Stopped breathing for a moment and heard his fast heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Seymour
Thomas Seymour

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 9:24 pm

Elizabeth Craven wrote:
I look on at the festivities smiling. Suddenly I hear a man speak to me. I turn my head and find it is the man I looked at before-he looks familiar.

Have I talked to him in court before? No, I do not think so. Perhaps he is a relation of the Seymour's-I did know them when I lived in Wiltshire.

"My Lord,"I whisper smiling at him as I curtsy a little,"I am and what of you?"

I had never a woman with such beauty. "Indeed, tis a fine evening" I then glanced at the dancers. "Would you care to join me in a dance?" I ask.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great Hall   The Great Hall - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Great Hall
Page 4 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next