The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

The Balcony

Go down 
+45
William Pennington
Gabriel Latimer
Rose Boleyn
Abigail Denny
Anthony Denny
Victoria Brandon
Charles Henry Stafford Br
Elizabeth Black
Mary Howard
Henry Throckmorton
Faith LeBeau
Dorothy Seymour
Clement Smyth
Philip of Bavaria
Madeline Stuart
Benjamin Baines
Anne Lumley
Katherine Tudor
Anne Parr
Catherine Parr
Edward Seymour
Thomas Seymour
Elizabeth Seymour
Elizabeth Crawley
George Boleyn
William Stafford
Francis of Navarre
William Kingston
Jane Adler
Chandra Knight
Margaret Wyatt
Ursula Misseldon
Stephen Gardiner
Annie Wyatt
Christina of Milan
Cesare Garcia
Catherine Earnshaw
Arthur Bentley
Charlotte Rosenauer
Mary Rose Tudor
Edward Craven
Nan Saville
Jane Parker
Jane Bassett
Charles Brandon
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre
Francis of Navarre

The Balcony - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 8:36 pm

Navarre... I say simply, still not revealing who I am. I look back at her again and notice her beautiful smile. It is heartwarming and inspiring. I turn my back to the side of the balcony and lean up against it, tilting my head to look at her. I am finding that England is more to my taste.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 8:50 pm

I look at him and hear the word 'Navarre'...was this my future husband? The prince Henry wanted me to meet? I smile at him, more brightly. "You are a long way from home..." I turn my body towards him "I was once told: France is fashionable, Spain is pious and Scotland is wild but England is beautiful!" I giggle and blush.
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre
Francis of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 9:08 pm

Very far away, I say as I turn to face her better. I agree with what you said about Spain: they are very pious! I laugh heartily, fondly remembering my summers there while my brother still had control of that part of his Kingdom.

The expression on her face, surprised then excited catches me and I walk just a bit closer to her. Why does the name 'Navarre' excite you if I may ask?
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 9:39 pm

"It is so far away...I've been to France but never there!" I was unsure if he knew who I was: or even had an idea. I decide to broach the subject...but subtly. "I hear the princess is to be betrothed to the prince of Navarre?"
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre
Francis of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 9:46 pm

My eyes grow wide. I think she has figured out who I am. Yes that is true. I am betrothed to an English Princess whom I heard is one of the most beautiful and kind women. I blink then look to her again, I am Prince Francis if you didn't figure it out yet My Lady. I bow my head and smile.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 9:50 pm

I look at him. This is the man who Henry plans for me to wed! My betrothed-to-be! I offer a curtsey and rise gracefully. "Your Highness." I smile. "I am honoured to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre
Francis of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 9:56 pm

Likewise Your Highness. I bow out of respect. I am sure that you didn't think that we would meet up in this way but formality isn't always needed to meet your betrothed, I laugh thinking of my brother. I do hope that I can be a wonderful husband for you, that I will be that person to whom you can come to rely upon and perhaps fall in love with. I blush a bit, smiling once again as I try to compose myself. She is quite beautiful and it is making my heart flutter a bit.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 10:10 pm

I blush, sighing slightly but trying to hide it. "I hope so... I pray that I can give you the heirs and alliances your country need." I smile faintly and twirl my hair. "What gave me away?" I smile more brightly.
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre
Francis of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 10:15 pm

Your eyes gave you away. They have been described to me as precious jewels. I sigh, looking away for a moment, gazing up at the stars. Perhaps His Majesty can give us an estate here in England in which to live our married life as I do not want to return to Navarre while my brother is married to the Pretender Queen. The disgust I have for Carmen is hard for me to contain.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 10:21 pm

"You can always ask Henry...His Majesty could always say yes." Blushing, I look at him: a handsome prince not the monster I was preparing to meet. I laugh gently and smile at him "I'm touched you think they're like that..* I move slightly closer to him "you don't like you're brother's wife? "
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre
Francis of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 10:31 pm

I shall propose the idea to the King about staying in England and living with you here. I notice her walking a bit closer and my heart beats just a bit faster. I grin, You are simply more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. I shrug when she mentions Carmen, Yes I cannot stand her but no sad stuff. This should be a joyous first meeting!
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 10:41 pm

Blushing more, I look down. "You're too kind, your Highness."
Once again, I look out over the balcony and up at the silvery moon. My shawl slips down unveiling my shoulders. "You are very handsome too..."
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre
Francis of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 10:49 pm

I quickly grab her wrap and place it back upon her slender shoulders. My fingers graze the soft milky skin, causing me to blush a bright red. Much better, I whisper, my hands still on her shoulders. I look behind her, noticing the guard but I pay no mind to him. Thank You Your Highness....
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:03 pm

"Thank you." My breathing becomes heavier as he stands behind me; his touch making me blush. "Am I everything you want in a wife, my prince?" I turn around and find myself just inches from him... "Do you desire me?" I whisper softly "My betrothed"
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre
Francis of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:15 pm

You are everything I could ever want in a wife, Princess. I stare deep into her beautiful blue eyes, getting lost deep in them. My heart is beating so fast it feels as if it is in my throat and my breathing is rather ragged. Of course I desire you Your Highness but it will have to wait until our wedding day, I whisper.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 7:00 am

"I know, what do you think I was suggesting? I tease, smiling mischievously. "This is truly better than a formal meeting...no chaperones, no courtiers craning their necks to see...just you and I" I smile warmly and gaze into his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre
Francis of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Formality is a bit tiring at times Your Highness so I must agree with you. I take hold of her hands, gently caressing them with my thumbs, smiling wide. I lean in, whispering, We still need to do the formal introduction. I wouldn't want to make the King mad in any way. I kiss her cheek softly as I lean back.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Blushing, I smile sweetly at him. "Irritating my brother wouldn't be the best way to form an alliance...especially when you will be marrying his sister"
I feel his thumb caress my hands and cast my eyes downward... "Though, I shall look forwards to our formal meeting..." I place my lips on his cheek in a kiss "...For I shall see you again"
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre
Francis of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 2:29 pm

I look forward to it as well Princess. I close her eyes as she kisses my cheek. Shall we part for now then?
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 2:34 pm

"If you wish it" I whisper softly, my breathing deepening at being this close to him.
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre
Francis of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 2:44 pm

Your wish is my command. I rest my forehead against hers, eyes open looking at her lovingly. I notice her irregular breathing and normally I would take full advantage of it but she is royalty, her brother is the King and his anger I do not want to see.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 2:56 pm

"Good day, your Highness." I smile faintly, looking up from under my eyelashes at him. The guard nearby stands to attention as I move away from him. Extending my hand for him to kiss, I smile graciously "It has been a privilege..."
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre
Francis of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 3:03 pm

I straighten up my posture, Until we meet again Your Highness. I take her hand and kiss it softly before bowing to her. I walk away wondering how this all shall turn out.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 3:11 pm

Turning I pass through the doors; the guard lowering his head out of respect. My gown flows behind me, my shawl draped around my shoulders. He was not what I had expected...Smiling to myself; I pray for a happy marriage.
Back to top Go down
Anne Lumley
4th Baroness of Ogle
Anne Lumley

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 10:54 am

Anne stepped out onto the balcony for some fresh air. It was so warm in the Great Hall in the evenings and her dress clung to her skin uncomfortabley.
She leaned over the balcony, toes barely touching the ground and peered below her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Balcony   The Balcony - Page 20 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Balcony
Page 20 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 31  Next