The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Corridor

Go down 
+24
Thomas Boleyn
John Lenard
Margery Wentworth
Mary Dawn
Jane Ashdown
Charles Henry Stafford Br
Henry Throckmorton
Amelia Atwell
Margaret Pole
Katherine Tudor
Niklaus Petrovin
Anne Boleyn
George Boleyn
Margaret Wyatt
Ursula Misseldon
Mary Tudor
Katherine Clement
Anne Stanhope
Henry VIII of England
Geoffrey Lonshord
Eustace Chapuys
Thomas Seymour
Catherine Parr
Charles Brandon
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Victoria Brandon
Duchess of Somerset
Victoria Brandon

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 12:34 am

Victoria walks down a corridor and sees a young woman clean a puddle of water"Madame. I see you had a spill." she gets a cloth out from her breast pocket "Let me help" Victoria bends down to soak up the wet mess.
Back to top Go down
John Lenard
Servant
John Lenard

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 12:57 am

-Ella was bent over and on her knees with a cloth, her dirtiness in view as she tried to cover her face but she looked at the girl shyly and she simply nodded, Ella wasn't shown kindness ever since her mother died and her father did as well, looking at the women she blushed a bit "Thank you" Ella said to her kindly as she cleaned up the mess

Ella stood up after helping wipe it up, her bruises were in view and she stood there, she wore nothing but the rags given to her on her body, "I am Ell" Ella said until her sisters screamed "Cinderella!!!!" and Ella sighed and looked down sadly, "Thank you for helping me" Ella said and she rushed back to pour the bath water for her sisters who treated her so awfully and she poured the water in the bath where her sisters sit, the buckets were heavy and she left them to bathe and Ella went walking the corridor after, her hair was pulled back in a long braid which drags her back down to her waist and her face covered in the dirtiness of the ashes but she was no sooner sent to clean the fireplace, just finishing mucking out the fireplace she hauls the ashes in a bucket to dispose of them, wiping her face of her sweat from the hard work she endured she stood after disposing of the ashes and she stays there-
Back to top Go down
Victoria Brandon
Duchess of Somerset
Victoria Brandon

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 1:13 am

"Victoria, Duchess of Somerset." Victoria smiles at Ella "Pleasure to meet you Ella." she notices the ashes covering the girl as she hears screams in the corridor "A pretty young woman shouldn't be treated like this. How long have you lived like this?"
Back to top Go down
John Lenard
Servant
John Lenard

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 1:27 am

-Ella looked at her while she stood there, seeing the women there in front of her approaching her she stood by the well outside and looked at her "I have been living like this since my mother's death and my father went away and never returned, they treat me like this all the time" Ella said to her "My mother, she told me to be patient and kind, I have kept her promise but sometimes it is so hard to, they took everything from me, my room, my clothes, everything I had received from my mother and my father, they burned my father's book he given me and my doll from my mother, They aren't the kindest but their all I have" Ella said to her truthfully as she stood in front of her, she wipes her face clean with some water as best as she could and she stood there

"I have been banished to the kitchens, I sleep on the hard floor often" Ella spoke honestly to the Duchess and she stood there-
Back to top Go down
Victoria Brandon
Duchess of Somerset
Victoria Brandon

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 1:41 am

"That sounds terrible" Victoria says as she wipes the dirt and soot from the girls face "How would you like to be in my service instead?"
Back to top Go down
John Lenard
Servant
John Lenard

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 1:50 am

-Ella looked at the Duchess while she wiped the dirt and ashes from her face helping clean her face from the dirtiness of her hard work and when she hears her offer she blushed "You would do that, for me" Ella said to her and she stood in front of her "That is kind of you, I would like that but however can I go anywhere in these awful rags, I got nothing" Ella asked her while standing there

Ella's clothing was dirty and torn and she looked at her rags she had for clothes gripping them a bit, she had been called Cinderella, Cinder Soot and Cinder Wench and so many awful names, she had been abused by her step sisters and step mother and was most unloved by them, looking at the women she nods "I would like to go with you" Ella said to her-
Back to top Go down
Victoria Brandon
Duchess of Somerset
Victoria Brandon

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 2:02 am

"I have a few old dresses that you can wear for recreation and some for work. You'll be doing the same job like you are a lady-in-waiting." Victoria says as she wraps her arm around Ella's shoulders "Before you go in public with me, you will need to be cleaned up first."
Back to top Go down
John Lenard
Servant
John Lenard

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 3:25 am

-Ella listened intently to everything Lady Victoria the duchess had to say to her, looking at her she nodded "Yes my lady" Ella said to her but soon was taken off to be cleaned up and dresses being made for her which suited her well, Ella stood in the bath water and took a seat soaking in the tub full of warm water, she was scrubbed clean by another servant girl while dresses were prepared for her but for the moment only one was prepared so she could wear it, Once finished being washed clean she was taken from the water and covered, her hair wet from the water and dripping while dragging her waist, being dressed she was dressed in a dress simple but beautiful, a dress which was blue and white colored, her long hair had been braided in a long braid laying down her back as her hair drags her cheeks,

The dress of English style of course but it looked good on the young girl, her beauty and youth showing now she was clean from the ashes and she stood as the Lady Victoria was welcomed in the room to look the girl over, glancing at her she curtsies to her "Thank you" she said and she stood there, she didn't know how to react to such kindness but she was happy to know it for once at the moment as she stood in front of the window-
Back to top Go down
Rose Boleyn
Duchess of York
Rose Boleyn

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 3:44 pm

Well, the day of my arrival in the court come.
Facing the new future. I am excited, but my face is inscribed cool indifference.
I entered in the great hall. Guards worship me at the entrance.
Walk forward proudly. My hat is strongly tied back.They all wear hats in French fashion.
It seems people already know who I am. Actually is sufficient to know that I am Boleyn.
As I crossed the long corridor, I hear whispers everywhere.
My family is the most famous in the court now. No matter whether they like it or not.
Just arrived from France, this court seems a bit gray and boring.
I pass the half of my life in the most lavish, most elegant, most beautiful royal court- here they can not impress me with anything.
I stand by the door and expect every time my uncle to appear.
I have to see him. I know he has plans for me and my future.
And it seems that the future will be brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Boleyn
Earl of Wiltshire and Earl of Ormond, Lord Privy Seal
Thomas Boleyn

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 1:26 am

Upon hearing his niece had arrived at court, Thomas met her in the long corridor. People passed them left and right, all bowing or curtsying in respect. He felt like a king. Then he saw Rose and allowed himself to smile warmly. "Dear niece, I'm glad you arrived safely," he said, kissing her cheek.
Back to top Go down
Rose Boleyn
Duchess of York
Rose Boleyn

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 1:37 pm

I smiled to my uncle and slightly bowed to him. I wanted to show our rise at the royal court.
"I am so glad to see you my dear uncle. The trip was exhausting, but my companions who you send for me were very cautious". And so, I am finally here"-said with a triumphant voice.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Boleyn
Thomas Boleyn

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:05 pm

"And no doubt you will make a fine addition to court," he said as he silently appraised her. Fair and creamy skin, beautiful eyes and a bewitching stare. She would attract jealousy like honey to flies. "Would you like a small tour of the palace, or perhaps you wish to go to your chamber to refresh yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Rose Boleyn
Duchess of York
Rose Boleyn

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 4:09 pm

But of course I will make an impression uncle-" I said confidently, while pulling dark red brocade curtains and looking out."
I have spent half of my life in France. I know how to please people. You and my dad send me there exactly about that, right? -"I said with ironic smile".
I want to explore part of the palace of course, if you have time.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Boleyn
Thomas Boleyn

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 1:34 am

"As evident in both of my daughters, the French court is an essential place wherein to learn special values, though I do say Anne learned something more of elegance snd discretion than did her sister" he said in reference to Mary's less-than-secret affair with King Francis.
Back to top Go down
Rose Boleyn
Duchess of York
Rose Boleyn

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 12:36 pm

Anne is clever-said I and look at him.
She got what she wanted . But she must be very careful , especially now . They must have a son.
I love Mary , but she had the imprudence to fall to the charm of Francois . She is like a bargaining chip between England and France. Anne do it better.
I smiled again at him and look at the beautiful room.
I see that the royal court is influenced by French style and fashion, uncle-I love it!
Back to top Go down
Thomas Boleyn
Thomas Boleyn

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 4:19 pm

"Without a doubt, the court fashions have been greatly influenced by Anne. In fact it's becoming quite clear whose side everyone is on: women still loyal to the Dowager Princess Katherine still wear the gable hoods, while those in favor of Anne wear the French hoods," he informed her.
Back to top Go down
Rose Boleyn
Duchess of York
Rose Boleyn

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 7:17 am

I smiled.
Oh, I noticed that my uncle. But it seems to be like the king.
Even through clothes ladies express their biases-I said.
Of course I will wear my french hood!
I think for a moment and ask him:
How is my cousin Mary?-said I and looked through the curtain
Poor Mary is probably ruined
-I said with sad smile.
She is no longer king's favorite.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Boleyn
Thomas Boleyn

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 1:26 am

"Mary is the least of our worries, and you would do well not to bring her up in the company of others. The book of Leviticus is still strong in the king's mind," Thomas warned.
Back to top Go down
Rose Boleyn
Duchess of York
Rose Boleyn

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 2:58 pm

You are right, uncle. King even used a passage from that book to protect himself in the process of divorcing Catherine.
If the king decides to get rid of and Ann-he will make it and nobody can stop him.
And that will be the end of our power.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Boleyn
Thomas Boleyn

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 3:36 am

"Well, we mustn't think on that now. It's ill luck. But don't be surprised if the king appears to take a liking to you. He's discreet but his eye ever roves," he warned.
Back to top Go down
Rose Boleyn
Duchess of York
Rose Boleyn

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 3:28 pm

I need some time to be in the situation here.
But do not worry uncle.
I am neither Mary nor Anne. I will not serve anyone's interests except my own. And by the way, I am not  interested in King.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Boleyn
Thomas Boleyn

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 1:07 am

"I only wanted to be sure. Now, will you go to your chamber or have a little exploration of the palace?" Thomas asked.
Back to top Go down
Rose Boleyn
Duchess of York
Rose Boleyn

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 1:43 pm

Please, I want a little exploration here, if you don't mind, uncle-I said with a nice smile.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Boleyn
Thomas Boleyn

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 10:00 pm

"Very well, then. If you should need anything further, please do not hesitate to ask. By the way, it would be very appropriate if you would visit your cousin Anne. She sounded particularly pleased to know of your coming." Thomas bowed and left the corridor.
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey Lonshord
Servant
Geoffrey Lonshord

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 4:18 pm

Geoffrey was walking along corridor bringing some dishes in his hands. He was going in the kitchen to replace them with new and more elegant dishes. He was told to prepare everything for a banquet in honour of King's son, since Queen Anne was in labour. there were some windows along corridor and sunlight entered through them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Corridor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corridor   Corridor - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corridor
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next