The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Royal Gardens

Go down 
+23
Katherine Elizabeth Tudor
Jane Heterford
Mary Howard
Francis Bryan
Anne Lumley
Thomas Seymour
Katherine Tudor
Benjamin Baines
George Boleyn
Jane Bassett
Cesare Garcia
Alfonsina Garcia
Elena Glinskaya
Catherine Willoughby
Gabriel Murphy
Luisa Norburton
Madeline De Fontanay
Thomas More
Mary Rose Tudor
Daniel Meyer
Henry VIII of England
Anne Boleyn
Charles Brandon
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Catherine Willoughby
Duchess of Suffolk
Catherine Willoughby

Royal Gardens - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Charles Brandon wrote:
"Charles left the Great Hall to reach Catherine in the garden. He could still hear music coming from the Palace. He found Catherine standing next to a tree. Then he smiled and approached her with slow steps"

Catherine...thank you for accepting to see me. Sorry if you waited for too long...

"He said, trying to hide his nervousism"

Catherine curtseyed deeply to Charles. She smiled up at him. The wind blew a little and made her hair move around in small wisps. She could hear some crickets and tried not to hear her heart beating so fast.

"It was not too long, Your Grace. I was enjoying the night..." Catherine bit her lip and waited anxiously. It felt like this conversation would be very important.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 6:41 pm

"Charles smiled and showed her a bench"

Please...sit with me, Catherine. I need talking with you...

"He sat on the bench and offered her his hand"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Murphy

Gabriel Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 9:25 am

Luisa Norburton wrote:
Luisa felt a chill go through her body at his touch, and she found herself blushing, again.

She gave a nervous laugh, becoming annoyed with herself for looking so fickle and childish. She gave a smile and led the way to the bench, taking a seat delicately beside the handsome young man.

She leaned toward him, her eyes widening. "Truthfully, sir, I am glad to have someone to talk to." She looked at the roses around the garden, "the only friend I have here is her ladyship, Madeline de Fontanay, and she is my employer,"she gave a shrug, "normally I am taking orders or learning lessons from her, that I have no one to speak to."

She gave a laugh, "where did you say you were from, sir?...is it very beautiful?" she smiled.

Arthur nodded. And, smiled at her. "My lady, as long as you are safe and healthy then you should have nothing to fear," he said, to her. He crossed his legs, and folded his arms over his chest, and stared at Luisa. "I am from Cornwall, England, my lady. And, yes it is very beautiful," he replied, to her.
Back to top Go down
Luisa Norburton
Lady-in-waiting
Luisa Norburton

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 7:44 pm

Luisa nodded, smiling, "I know...and I feel I am very thankful for all I have, especially being here." She gave a faint smile, "my employer buys me clothes and pays for my food," she gave a shrug, "and soon I shall have enough money to send back to my papa."

She smiled, her eyes going wide. "Why, sir, we are only a little ways from each other," she laughed. "When my papa worked we would often go to Cornwall...we have kin there," she smiled.

Luisa knew she smiled mainly that there was perhaps chance she would be able to see this handsome young man again, should she ever have to leave court, and even the idea of having a friend near her own home and something close to her heart made her happy.

"Well what are you hear for?" she smiled, "for leisure...business?" She looked down at her fingers, smiling faintly, "perhaps some beautiful girl you are betrothed to?" she jested.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Willoughby
Duchess of Suffolk
Catherine Willoughby

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 3:20 am

Charles Brandon wrote:
"Charles smiled and showed her a bench"

Please...sit with me, Catherine. I need talking with you...

"He sat on the bench and offered her his hand"

Catherine lowered her eyes shyly. She was very nervous, but excited. Charles, though much older than her, was still very handsome. He made Catherine feel like a giddy little school girl.

"Yes, Your Grace," she smiled and took the seat beside him. Her small white hand was cold to the touch.
"What do you wish to speak of?" She was hopeful, but not sure what to expect exactly.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 7:48 am

"Charles took a deep breath and looked at her with a nervous smile"

I...I received a letter from your mother, Catherine. She told me about the situation of your family. You already know that lady Maria asked me to take care of you, giving you an education. But...I want to do more. I want to give you a title...

"He paused, before adding"

You are...a very beautiful and sweet girl, Catherine. Even if so young...also very clever. You caught my eyes immediately. That's why I ask you...to become my wife. Would you marry me...Catherine?

"He finally asked, taking her hand in his, feeling his heart beating faster in his chest. He hoped he was doing the right thing"
Back to top Go down
Catherine Willoughby
Duchess of Suffolk
Catherine Willoughby

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 4:45 am

Catherine felt saddened for a moment. She knew that her family were having difficulties financially, but she wished her mother had not written about it. She felt very uneasy and ashamed. She hoped that Charles did not think less of her. Her young heart was beating so fast. Her eyes widened when Charles mentioned giving her a title. She bit her lip.

When Charles asked this important question, Catherine was overwhelmed, but excited. She was speechless for a moment. Her eyes were bright with excitement. Finally, she spoke.

"Oh yes, Charles, I will marry you!" Catherine said in a joyous voice. Charles squeezed her hand tightly and Catherine looked at him anxiously . She wanted to kiss him right away.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Murphy

Gabriel Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 7:37 am

Luisa Norburton wrote:
Luisa nodded, smiling, "I know...and I feel I am very thankful for all I have, especially being here." She gave a faint smile, "my employer buys me clothes and pays for my food," she gave a shrug, "and soon I shall have enough money to send back to my papa."
She smiled, her eyes going wide. "Why, sir, we are only a little ways from each other," she laughed.

"When my papa worked we would often go to Cornwall...we have kin there," she smiled.
Luisa knew she smiled mainly that there was perhaps chance she would be able to see this handsome young man again, should she ever have to leave court, and even the idea of having a friend near her own home and something close to her heart made her happy.

"Well what are you hear for?" she smiled, "for leisure...business?" She looked down at her fingers, smiling faintly, "perhaps some beautiful girl you are betrothed to?" she jested.
"Well, it is nice to know you are so well taken care of, my lady. Most people would do anything to be where you are," he said. Arthur was right. Anyone would love to be at court......anyway possible. So, she had kin in Cornwall? Interesting. "Oh, who are your relatives," he asked. It was nice knowing that she was not far from where he lived. "I was originally here looking for a bride. But, that changed. No woman caught my eye," he said.. But, Lusia actually caught his eye.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 6:08 pm

"Charles smiled once she answered Yes. He remained silent for a while. Then took a little pack from his pocket and opened it. He was helding his breath because of emotion"

You just made me very happy, Catherine. Please, accept this gift. We are...we are engaged, now...

"He giggled. Then he leaned on her and kissed softly her lips. He closed his eyes and enjoyed her taste"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Catherine Willoughby
Duchess of Suffolk
Catherine Willoughby

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 4:08 am

Catherine's eyes widened as she saw the beautiful ring. She was overjoyed. The ring was gold and had precious stones.

"I will glady accept this ring, Charles..I can call you Charles now can't I?" She giggled.

When Charles leaned in to kiss her, Catherine closed her eyes and accepted it gladly. It was such a sweet embrace.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 6:41 pm

"Charles smiled tenderly after her question. He touched softly her chin"

Of course, you can. You will be soon the Duchess of Suffolk, and your mother can come back from Spain. But...I have a complicated life, Catherine. I...I have children. The Duchess of Buckingham is carrying my child again. Do you think...you can accept all this? I mean...you're so young, and maybe you wished something different for you...

"He said sincerly, avoiding to mention Nan. He looked into her eyes with a deep glance"
Back to top Go down
Catherine Willoughby
Duchess of Suffolk
Catherine Willoughby

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 2:34 am

As Charles spoke, Catherine felt nervous. She was well aware of the men in court and how they liked their ladies. Catherine was still very young and a virgin, but she would be well taken care of. She liked that and she was most pleased that her mother could return to her.
"All I hope for is you to love me as you should love a wife. I know you have children and mistresses, but I am very fond of you. I hope that I may be the most important in your life when I become your wife.." she said with a distinguished voice. She wanted Charles to know that did not approve of his behaviours, but all she asked for was love.

"I will try to be the best wife possible for you. I will do my best to please you and do my wifely duties."
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 4:29 pm

"Charles shook his head and took her hand in his, looking at the ring on her elegant finger"

I know...I have no doubts you will be, Catherine. And I promise you...that I'll respect your virginity until the altar. And I'll be faithful...I'll do my best for making you happy. You know about my previous marriage. I have been...an awful husband for poor Margaret. But I'll be a better one for you...

"He replied, raising his eyes to her"
Back to top Go down
Luisa Norburton
Lady-in-waiting
Luisa Norburton

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 6:24 pm

Quote :
"Well, it is nice to know you are so well taken care of, my lady. Most people would do anything to be where you are," he said. Arthur was right. Anyone would love to be at court......anyway possible. So, she had kin in Cornwall? Interesting. "Oh, who are your relatives," he asked. It was nice knowing that she was not far from where he lived. "I was originally here looking for a bride. But, that changed. No woman caught my eye," he said.. But, Lusia actually caught his eye.

Luisa smiled, "oh, I like it here very much," she laughed, "and yet, I fear I cannot wait until my first ball...I heard they are extravagant here, and very fun and lovely."

She frowned a little, thinking. "I believe they are the Guildfords," she gave a smile. "I fear, sir, our families are not the wealthiest, so I would understand if you have never heard of them," she bit her lip, embarassed.

Her head tilted as she smiled, "oh, that cannot be," she laughed. "Surely you perhaps caught the eye of a few ladies," she blushed, "I think it funny that none caught your eye."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Murphy

Gabriel Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:38 am

Luisa Norburton wrote:
Quote :
Luisa smiled, "oh, I like it here very much," she laughed, "and yet, I fear I cannot wait until my first ball...I heard they are extravagant here, and very fun and lovely."
She frowned a little, thinking. "I believe they are the Guildfords," she gave a smile. "I fear, sir, our families are not the wealthiest, so I would understand if you have never heard of them," she bit her lip, embarassed.
Her head tilted as she smiled, "oh, that cannot be," she laughed. "Surely you perhaps caught the eye of a few ladies," she blushed, "I think it funny that none caught your eye."
"I remember my first ball," he said, chuckling. He arched a brow at the name she mentioned. The Guildfords? He had never heard of them before. "I do not know them, my lady," he said, looking at her. Arthur shook his head. "My lady, there alot of families in Cornwall," he continued, and smiled softly," And, it is hard to keep track of them all," he said. She was cute when she blushed. "Honestly, none have caught my eye.....well except for one," he said, to her. That one was the redheaded nurse he was drawn to...but that changed. Lady Luisa seemed to be the right woman. She was the one who had truly caught his attention.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Willoughby
Duchess of Suffolk
Catherine Willoughby

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:11 pm

Charles Brandon wrote:
"Charles shook his head and took her hand in his, looking at the ring on her elegant finger"

I know...I have no doubts you will be, Catherine. And I promise you...that I'll respect your virginity until the altar. And I'll be faithful...I'll do my best for making you happy. You know about my previous marriage. I have been...an awful husband for poor Margaret. But I'll be a better one for you...

"He replied, raising his eyes to her"

Catherine was aware of his previous marriage. Margaret was the King's sister. She did not know how she could be even upset with Charles. Now, Margaret has departed from this world. Charles was also well known for having many mistresses, but Catherine could stand that. She would be a Duchess and she would be wealthy beyond her dreams and years. Although, Charles was older than her, he was still incredibly handsome.
Catherine smiled, "I know you will. I am most happy, my love. When shall we marry?"
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 12:00 am

"Charles smiled and took her hand in his"

Soon...very soon, darling. After Christmas, you will be the Duchess of Suffolk...

"He kissed her hand. Then he stared into her innocent eyes and reached her soft lips again"
Back to top Go down
Luisa Norburton
Lady-in-waiting
Luisa Norburton

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 4:26 pm

Quote :
I remember my first ball," he said, chuckling. He arched a brow at the name she mentioned. The Guildfords? He had never heard of them before. "I do not know them, my lady," he said, looking at her. Arthur shook his head. "My lady, there alot of families in Cornwall," he continued, and smiled softly," And, it is hard to keep track of them all," he said. She was cute when she blushed. "Honestly, none have caught my eye.....well except for one," he said, to her. That one was the redheaded nurse he was drawn to...but that changed. Lady Luisa seemed to be the right woman. She was the one who had truly caught his attention.

Luisa smiled, her eyes widdening. "How did you find it?" She bit her lip excitedly, "and have you heard of the Christmas ball?"
She laughed, "yes, there are many families there," she looked at her hands, "I like it there very much though...all the castles are lovely to look at and much grander than anything in Dorset."

Luisa tilted her head, again, finding herself very much interested in what lady pleased him. "And was she very lovely?" she spoke, looking down, "do you not fancy her?" she whispered a little.
She placed her hand over her mouth, embarassed, "pardon...you do not have to say to my prying ears," she laughed. She felt her cheeks grow warm. Though she had just met him, she already wanted to know more about him...and more about any ladies he fancied. She found herself a bit jealous...

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Murphy

Gabriel Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:09 am

Luisa Norburton wrote:
Quote :
I remember my first ball," he said, chuckling. He arched a brow at the name she mentioned. The Guildfords? He had never heard of them before. "I do not know them, my lady," he said, looking at her. Arthur shook his head. "My lady, there alot of families in Cornwall," he continued, and smiled softly," And, it is hard to keep track of them all," he said. She was cute when she blushed. "Honestly, none have caught my eye.....well except for one," he said, to her. That one was the redheaded nurse he was drawn to...but that changed. Lady Luisa seemed to be the right woman. She was the one who had truly caught his attention.

Luisa smiled, her eyes widdening. "How did you find it?" She bit her lip excitedly, "and have you heard of the Christmas ball?"
She laughed, "yes, there are many families there," she looked at her hands, "I like it there very much though...all the castles are lovely to look at and much grander than anything in Dorset."

Luisa tilted her head, again, finding herself very much interested in what lady pleased him. "And was she very lovely?" she spoke, looking down, "do you not fancy her?" she whispered a little.
She placed her hand over her mouth, embarassed, "pardon...you do not have to say to my prying ears," she laughed. She felt her cheeks grow warm. Though she had just met him, she already wanted to know more about him...and more about any ladies he fancied. She found herself a bit jealous...

"What do you mean, my lady? I did not find anything," he asked, and continue,"Yes. I have heard of the Christmas Ball," he said, to her. He rubbed his arms, and shrugged. "She was pretty. But, nothing happened between us. Except for a few glances," he replied. Arthur giggled. With that he extended his arm out, and rubbed her arm. "Do not worry, my lady," he said to her.
Back to top Go down
Luisa Norburton
Lady-in-waiting
Luisa Norburton

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:05 pm

Luisa smiled, "well, I mean," she blushed a little, "I hear everyone dresses in their best...and all the ladies a dressed lovely, and there is music and dancing, and I hear some even go all night."

She felt chills as he touched her arm, and she bit her lip, knowing she was blushing again. "Then, I will not worry," she nodded.

She gave a little huff, rolling her eyes as a smile crossed her lips. "I fear, my lord, you make me very nervous," she swallowed a little, "I do not believe I have ever blushed this much."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Murphy

Gabriel Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 3:50 am

Luisa Norburton wrote:
Luisa smiled, "well, I mean," she blushed a little, "I hear everyone dresses in their best...and all the ladies a dressed lovely, and there is music and dancing, and I hear some even go all night."

She felt chills as he touched her arm, and she bit her lip, knowing she was blushing again. "Then, I will not worry," she nodded.

She gave a little huff, rolling her eyes as a smile crossed her lips. "I fear, my lord, you make me very nervous," she swallowed a little, "I do not believe I have ever blushed this much."
He nodded. Then, grinned as he watched her blush, again. She was nervous around him? Well, at least it was the good nervous, and not the bad. "Good. Worrying is never good," he said, to her. She was nervous around him? Well, at least it was the good nervous, and not the bad.

"Well, there is nothing wrong with your blushing," he said, then continued," Your quite adorable when you do that," he said, to her. With that Arthur winked.
Back to top Go down
Luisa Norburton
Lady-in-waiting
Luisa Norburton

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 6:29 pm

Luisa smiled, tucking a loose curl behind her ear as she bit her lip. "Thank you, my lord."

She gave a laugh, "you are quite forward for a young man of your age," she blushed.

She bit her lip again, looking at his hand, yet she timidly placed hers upon his. "So then what will you do?...for a wife, I mean, if you are so hoping to marry," she spoke looking down, "if it is not too much for me to ask?" she laughed.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Murphy

Gabriel Murphy

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 2:16 am

"No problem, my lady," he said, then winked. Arthur rolled his head, and rolled his shoulders. He liked Luisa's comment. It made him feel.....well.....like someone actually thought of him as an intelligent person.

"I shall just continue to look then, Luisa. I am not the type to give up," he replied, then looked as she looked down," No. No not at all. Your only curious," he said, as he lifted her chin. Arthur looked into her eyes, and kissed her cheek.

Back to top Go down
Luisa Norburton
Lady-in-waiting
Luisa Norburton

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 7:34 pm

Luisa smiled, she liked how he winked.
She bit her lip, "I like that you will not give up...I wish you the best in finding her," she whispered.

She felt her cheeks grow warm as he held her chin, and for a moment she feared she perhaps looked like an idiot, eyes wide and blushing so.

She giggled as he kissed her cheek. "My lord, you are too bold," she jested, taking a deep breath. She pulled away, sitting up straight, hands clasped together as her eyes scanned the garden. She bit her lip and sneakily looked to see if Arthur was looking away, and just as he did, she leaned in and gave his own cheek a soft kiss.
She pulled away and looked in another direction as though she did nothing.
Back to top Go down
Elena Glinskaya
Empress of Russia
Elena Glinskaya

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 10:35 pm

I came to the English court in winter.The winter of England was not as cold as the Russian.I was curious to English manners...Everything was so different from Russia ...

I was walking in the garden, few people had heard of my arrival, Empress of the Russians was in England.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Royal Gardens   Royal Gardens - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Royal Gardens
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next