The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber

Go down 
+4
Jane Craven
Edward Craven
Nan Saville
Diane de Poitiers
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:32 pm

I giggle happily,"Bridget you must not tell a soul."

I then frown,"For I do not know if he does feel the same..."
Back to top Go down
Bridget Von Hoffman
Lady-in-waiting
Bridget Von Hoffman

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:55 pm

She nodded. "I swear. I swear I shan't ever tell a soul," she replied. Bridget tilted her head to the side, and stared at Elizabeth. "Why, would you think he would not love you," she asked. Bridget was always a curious girl.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:04 pm

I smile,"Good-you are my dearest friend here at court, Bridget. I know I can trust you."

I then whisper with my head down,"He is Prince William of Scotland."
Back to top Go down
Bridget Von Hoffman
Lady-in-waiting
Bridget Von Hoffman

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:27 pm

Bridget's cupped her mouth, and she let a small sqeal leave her lips. "Oh, that is incredible! I cannot believe it," she continued," You are in love with the Scottish Prince," she giggled. Bridget smiled widely, and hugged. "Do not worry everything shall be fine," she said.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:45 pm

I nod and blush my golden hair tumbling in-front of my face,"Exactly! I am just a countess and he is a prince-how could he ever love me?"
Back to top Go down
Bridget Von Hoffman
Lady-in-waiting
Bridget Von Hoffman

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:41 am

"Do not think that way," she continued," Love is a mysterious thing. And, it does not matter what classes the two people are from. It only matters they love one another," she said. Bridget hugged her friend, and smiled.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 6:52 pm

I nod and fall back onto the bed and think to him....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I then turn to Bridget and smile mischievously,"I have heard of a new man in court- a duke...I have heard a rumour that he likes you...do tell,"I then giggle.

Back to top Go down
Bridget Von Hoffman
Lady-in-waiting
Bridget Von Hoffman

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:26 am

Bridget's cheeks turned red. "There are rumours," she continued," But, yes it it true. He is Arthur Bentley, Duke of Westminster, and I like him very much," she replied.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:36 pm

I grin at Bridget,"I am so happy for you Bridget!"

I sigh happily and sip some warmed ale. I then yawn and hold my hand over my rosy lips...
Back to top Go down
Bridget Von Hoffman
Lady-in-waiting
Bridget Von Hoffman

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:24 am

She smiled shyly. "Thank you," she replied. She watched Elizabeth yawn. "If you are tried, my lady," she continued," I can leave," she said.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:01 pm

I nod sleepily,"If you do not mind Bridget-it has been a long day. Remember I am just moment away-I do hope that bedroom will do well for you,"

I smile and give her a sisterly hug,"Goodnight."
Back to top Go down
Bridget Von Hoffman
Lady-in-waiting
Bridget Von Hoffman

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:11 am

Bridget hugged Elizabeth back. Before she left; Bridget turned to face Elizabeth. "Thank you," she continued," The room shall do well, and goodnight," she said. With that she left, and went to bed.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 8:46 pm

I awake in the morning with Henry's words ringing in my ears upon which hung the ruby and pearl earrings I forgot to remove last night. I dress quickly and solemnly in a gown of the murkiest grey which looks rather beautiful against my alabaster skin. I tuck my tumbling hair into an English hood - a modest thing with only cloth of silver lining. I look like a statue made of the finest silver but my red eyes betray me- I know the seriousness of what could happen...

I slip out the door and leave Bridget sleeping.

I return to my chamber with red eyes and wet cheeks. No! This cannot be! No!

I call for a servant and ask for a letter to be sent to Henry.

Your Grace,
Henry...

I need to speak with you and bid you come to my chamber without the knowledge of my brothers or mother.

Lilibet
Back to top Go down
Margaret Douglas
Countess of Lennox
Margaret Douglas

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 8:48 pm

I hurry to Elizabeth's chamber and don't even bother knocking. I try the door and find Elizabeth before me- I catch my breathe on her beauty but I bow formally.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 8:50 pm

I burst into tears and rush into his arms. My hood comes flying off and my plaited hair is exposed,"Oh Henry...
Back to top Go down
Margaret Douglas
Countess of Lennox
Margaret Douglas

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 8:54 pm

I know now why she called me here. That Scottish prince has planted his seed and now he has left his child in her belly. I kiss her hair and notice her familiar smell of soap and roses. I gently savour her scent and soothe her as she cries.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 8:57 pm

I bury my face into his shoulder and sob. What am I to do?
"Henry...Oh Henry what am I to do? I will be the downfall of our family- Thomas is in negotiations for a marriage and now I am damaged-no man will have me..."
Back to top Go down
Margaret Douglas
Countess of Lennox
Margaret Douglas

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 8:58 pm

'I would' I think and then the most brilliant of ideas floods to me and drowns my mind. Will she agree? Could she learn to love me as I love her? I am older than her by seven years- maybe she think it too bold. I whisper...

I would...
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:45 pm

I look up at his words and frown as I wipe the tears from my face,"What do you mean?"
Back to top Go down
Margaret Douglas
Countess of Lennox
Margaret Douglas

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:47 pm

I hold her hands and sit with her on the edge of her bed...
Think of it Lizzie! I have returned from my travels-everyone knows I collected a wealth on my voyage and now I have come back to England to find a wife-no one would suspect and who better than you? You come from a good family and our families have history- comrades for years. It makes sense! I a duke- you a countess it would be a perfect match.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:49 pm

I stare at him like a startled dear. His hands holding mine I feel a flutter and shake my head,"I still do not understand,"I whisper.
Back to top Go down
Margaret Douglas
Countess of Lennox
Margaret Douglas

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:56 pm

Lizzie if we marry no one will have to know- have the child and we will raise it together. Everyone knows your mother had Thomas only a year after marriage-your family are notoriously fertile and...I know you do not love me ...in that way...but I would love you, protect you. No harm would come to you and when the child is in the nursery you could travel with me and when it is older we could come to Bedford and live as a family.

I laugh at the brilliance of the idea and kiss her on the hand again...
Marry me...
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:00 pm

I smile though my tears that drip down from my sapphire eye to the soft line of my jaw,"Oh Henry..."

I can only nod through my blurred vision I see him grin like an indulged child.
Back to top Go down
Margaret Douglas
Countess of Lennox
Margaret Douglas

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 3:59 pm

I smile and hesitate and then kiss her cheek softly as I she were a delicate rose...
Tonight- have a witness and I will bring one too. By the morning you will be my wife and I your husband.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:03 pm

I laugh and cry as he kisses my cheek. I take his strong had and forget we are just good friends- childhood playmates. I see him as my saviour and my lord,"Thank you...thank you Henry,"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next