The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber

Go down 
+4
Jane Craven
Edward Craven
Nan Saville
Diane de Poitiers
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Margaret Douglas
Countess of Lennox
Margaret Douglas

Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:15 pm

I grin and walk to the door. I pause and cup her face in my hands and plant a gentle kiss on her forehead.

Goodbye my Lizzie.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:18 pm

I let him cradle me and kiss me and let him hold me and I feel at home. I feel safe and feel my heart swell.

I rub my eyes and then chap the door to Bridgets room,"Bridget! Are you awake?"
Back to top Go down
Bridget Von Hoffman
Lady-in-waiting
Bridget Von Hoffman

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 3:46 am

Bridget jumped up, and sees Elizabeth.

"Yes. Yes I am awake," she continued," What is wrong? Is everything okay," she asked.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:07 pm

I carefully unlatch the door and lean against the door frame,"I have to go. I will not be here tonight and no one will know-I need you to promise you will tell no one...not yet"

I place my slender hand on my belly unconsciously and rush back to my room and gather some fabric and ribbon. I take a pale object from my wardrobe and a paler still long line of fabric. I fold the things and wrap them into a bundle,"I will return tomorrow and we will not speak of to anyone-I will explain then."

I glance to Bridget as I throw a cloak over my shoulders,"You can stay in my room while I am gone and I will make it sure a guard is by the door so your stepmother may not harm you."
Back to top Go down
Bridget Von Hoffman
Lady-in-waiting
Bridget Von Hoffman

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Bridget sat up straight; in bed, and rested on her elbows. She arched an eyebrow, and looked at Elizabeth. What did she mean? Where was she going? She had to ask! She had to! But, like Elizabeth said she would explain once she returned. With that Bridget nodded. "Of course, my lady," she said, and added a nod.
Back to top Go down
Alfonsina Garcia

Alfonsina Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 8:49 am

Alfonsina came Elizabeth's room. She didn't know what they would talk about but she had some guesses. She knocked her door slowly.

"Sister.. Are you there?"
Back to top Go down
http://thetudorsworld.yetkin-forum.com
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:22 pm

I settle my son into his little cot, nothing like his at home. It is so strange how my life at court which I was so unhappy with is what I now crave like a constant hunger.

I walk to the door as I hear my sisters voice,"Alfonsina,"I smile,"Come..."
I open the door wider and allow her in.
Back to top Go down
Alfonsina Garcia

Alfonsina Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 7:39 pm

She entered the room with smiling.

"How are you , sister?

She asked soflty.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 6:19 pm

I smile but it does not reach my eyes,"Oh I am well...and you?"

"Would you like something to eat or drink?"
Back to top Go down
Alfonsina Garcia

Alfonsina Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 9:31 pm

She shook her head.

"No thank you sister.. I rather to speak with you. Please sit.. "

She smiled.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 10:10 pm

I nod and sit on my little sofa by the bay window,"How have you been...have you recovered from child bed fever?"
Back to top Go down
Alfonsina Garcia

Alfonsina Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 10:58 am

She smiled and nodded.

"Yes.. Thanks God I recovered. Thomas was sick , too. But we both are fully-recovered and well now. I pray for it everyday. What about you? How have you been? How is marriage?"
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:02 pm

I softly chuckle,"Marriage...it is everything I thought it would be yet...and yet though it is what I have always wanted, I have never been more unhappy."
Back to top Go down
Alfonsina Garcia

Alfonsina Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 8:45 pm

"Are you unhappy sister? Why?"

She asked with a curious and sad voice.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 9:09 pm

I shrug,"My life is not how I thought it would be..."
Back to top Go down
Alfonsina Garcia

Alfonsina Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 9:25 pm

She held her hand.

"Tell me sister.. You know you can trust me."
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 9:34 pm

I smile weakly,"When I was little, I always imagined myself marrying for love-a boundless, ungovernable love, like a riot in the heart. I thought I'd then be utterly content but...though I am married, I do not love my husband and I resent my situation."
Back to top Go down
Alfonsina Garcia

Alfonsina Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:48 pm

She nodded.

"I understand , sister.. But I don't understand that why you married with a man whom you don't love.. Nobody forced you as much as i know.."

Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:51 pm

I groan in frustration,"I had no choice,"I mumble.

"My son...he is not...he was conceived within wedlock and what's more he isn't my husbands son."
Back to top Go down
Alfonsina Garcia

Alfonsina Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 5:58 pm

She smiled indulgently. It wasn't surprising for her. Back in Genoa , She knew a lot of woman who had the same thing with Elizabeth and almost all of them came to Alfonsina to get some advice.

"I understand.. what was the reason that you couldn't marry your son's father?"
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:03 pm

"He...he left,"I reply.
Back to top Go down
Alfonsina Garcia

Alfonsina Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:06 pm

For a moment , Alfonsina thought Anthony. He had left ,too. Then she turned to Elizabeth again.

"Then my dearest sister.. You did the right thing. I know this is painful.. I know how it makes you feel to marry whom you do not love. You share the same bed with him every night. I know the feeling.. "

Then she added.

"Have you ever seen him since you came to the court again?"
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:19 pm

I glance up,"I have had luck then as I have had my own chamber for the duration of our marriage, my son is not yet a year old and as such I have had an excuse not to...consummate. What do you say? Do you mean you do not love my brother?"
Back to top Go down
Alfonsina Garcia

Alfonsina Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:27 pm

She shook her head.

"Of course I love Edward."
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:29 pm

I raise my eyebrows,"And how is he?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next