The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber

Go down 
+4
Jane Craven
Edward Craven
Nan Saville
Diane de Poitiers
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 6:43 pm

I frown,"I'm sorry. Did you like being married? I often wonder whether I would like it or not...I may feel constrained or utterly at peace with the world..."
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 6:50 pm

Nan tried to remember what marriage felt like. She actually never knew what marriage was. She was almost a month pregnant when she was married. Of course noone knew that was not husband's child. And his husband died when she was pregnant. He never could see Nan's kid. "My husband couldnt live much longer to understand what marriage was like.. So i dont remember so much" she said trying to smile and realized how much she wished to have a family now.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 6:54 pm

As Edward went to The Princesses funeral he dropped a letter at Elizabeth's bedchamber. Carefully he slid it under the door and then rushed to the chapel.

Dearest Sister,

It has been far too long LIzzie. I am returned from France -thank God- I hated every minute of it! At last though I am home and could not take more joy in anything else.

As you know I a now a father-I have wrote to our mother and Thomas to let them know. I should like you to be our son's godmother when he is christened which shouldn't be too long away.

I hope you are well and pray you visit me soon or I shall visit you. I have some additional news to tell you which I don't find to be suitable to tell in pen.

Yours

Edward
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 6:58 pm

I frown-it is such a pity that she only had a short marriage. It must have been very painful an to lose her family as well...

I then hear a scratch on the ground and see a piece of parchment on the floor. I quickly get up and fetch it, as I unfold it I recognise the handwriting.

I grin as I read it so happy that it is from Edward but I then pause at the final line,"It's from Edward,"I mumble as I try to guess what he meant.
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:01 pm

Nan saw that Elizabeth felt sorry for Nan. That was ok. She kept on looking outside but then a letter came into room under door. She watched Elizabeth to read it. She smiled softly as she said it was from Edward. "Things going back to normal i guess, happy for you" she said.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:04 pm

"Yes,"I murmur absent mindedly,"What do you think this could mean,"I find the passage in the letter and then read," have some additional news to tell you which I don't find to be suitable to tell in pen."

I glance to Nan with a confused expression on my face.
Back to top Go down
Nan Saville
Duchess of Naverre
Nan Saville

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:25 pm

Nan thought about this words and shrugged slightly. "There must be important things to tell you. He didnt want to mention on letter. He wanted to talk face to face." she said and smiled "Maybe i should leave. So you can meet with him." she said and kissed her cheek "Thanks for conversation" she said and left room
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:27 pm

I nod,"Thank you Nan-see you later."
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:22 pm

I return to my room cradling Thomas in my arms. His eyes drooping shut, his rose bud lips slightly open as his deep, steady and reassuring breaths are the only noise. He has been having his regular feeds from his wet nurse and he feeds well...I am told.

I have taken him out of his tight swaddling and thrown a velvet shroud over him instead-the swaddling can be so...constrictive-oppresive. His right arm touches my chest and his left hangs by his side. He looks like a doll-utterly perfect, utterly still and utterly beautiful.

I nestle into my window seat and plump the cushions behind me. As Thomas falls asleep I whisper a lullaby to him in my sweet voice...as soft as silk and light as lark song.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 6:07 pm

After going to the funeral I decide to visit Elizabeth. I knock on the door and wait for a reply...
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 6:09 pm

"Yes?"I mumble and cradle Thomas in my arms-reluctant to wake him.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 6:24 pm

Edward opened the door and grinned when he saw Elizabeth and Thomas. He padded towards them and kissed Elizabeth on the cheek and embraced her lightly. He then cupped Thomas's sleeping face in his hands and kissed his forehead,"Hello, my boy."

"How are you sister?"he asked and took a seat.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 6:30 pm

"Oh Edward!"I cry with joy and then giggle and lower my voice to a whisper so I don't wake Thomas,"Brother I am...well-how are you,"I say as I kiss him on the cheek.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 6:40 pm

I laugh warmly and take Thomas careful into my arms, he stirs a little and his eyes flutter open,"Sh,"Edward whispered and Thomas nestled into his arms silently,"I am very well now I have my son..."
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 6:43 pm

I beam with pride as I see my brother and my nephew together,"He has your eyes,"I observe thoughtfully and fold my arms over my chest and sit beside them both.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Edward raised his eyebrows,"Do you really think so-I think he looks like Alfonsina; the fair hair and look...even their lips,"He whispered and then laughed lightly again.

At that laugh Thomas awoke and begin to cry. Edward rocked him in his arms and hushed him-he glanced to Elizabeth and grinned. Eventually Thomas fell into silence,"I think he misses her..."
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 6:57 pm

"Most certainly-I mean there is no denying his and Alfonsina's resemblance, but he is your son through and through."

I then nod in agreement,"So? How was France?"I ask curiously and tuck a tendril of hair behind my ear.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 6:59 pm

Edward grumbled,"Oh not so bad-the weather was alright but I missed home. Missed Alfonsina...and you,"he said with a smile,"I got everything done that I needed to though and was paid handsomely-so it was not all bad."

"It was difficult when I first came back -with me and Alfonsina-it was a bit ...well...we are fine now-I hope."
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:00 pm

I frown,"Yes-I had heard..it was...difficult,"I whisper and think to Nan.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:01 pm

Edward raised his eyebrows,"Who told you,"he thought of how he spoke honestly to Nan that night, how beautiful she looked and-
He shook his head and tried to erase the thought,"Was it Nan?"
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:03 pm

I nod,"Yes and it was something and nothing, Edward. She did not go in great depth but she is a good friend and you should thank her for being so kind. Speaking of Nan…she tells me you spoke together recently,"I say and take a seat and pour him some ale.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:04 pm

Edward took the ale and took a large sip, he then placed it lightly on the table by them,"Oh? What other secrets was she telling you?"he said and laughed as he winked playfully.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:06 pm

I laugh and then reply,"It was a conversation between friends and nothing more brother…"

I then retrieve the letter from my drawers,"So what does this mean? What do you have to tell me, Edward?"I say with a serious look.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:19 pm

"Well,"he said and glanced to Elizabeth,"I have secured you a position in the future queen's household. You will be one of her ladies-I dare say you will be greatly improved by even talking with her. If you have her ear and I have the kings we will be very comfortable."
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:21 pm

"The future queen? Anne Boleyn! That woman who presumes the right of queen! Edward you know what I think about her-you know what father would think!"I cry.

"When The King comes to his senses he will hold you and all the others as treasonous subjects Edward!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next