The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber

Go down 
+4
Jane Craven
Edward Craven
Nan Saville
Diane de Poitiers
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:26 pm

"Elizabeth you should be grateful. She is not as bad as you have been told-what's more The King is utterly besotted with her and he won't give up now! He is determined to make her Queen."

Thomas opened his eyes and Edward lowered his voice,"Tell me has the Queen let you see her recently or wait upon her? No-she knows he will not have her now and thus is disbanding her household. I know how fond you are of her but I cannot allow you to be dragged down with her. I am your brother-I do this for you."
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:28 pm

He is right,"Yes that is true Edward but she is a good, kind and honest woman ! I made a promise to serve her and I beg you let me…"
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:29 pm

"No Elizabeth-it will be bad for your reputation. I will not allow that,"Edward said and took another sip of the fine ale.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:42 pm

I shake my head,"I do not care! Their ambition will be their downfall-I pray you not to get involved with them."

I lean towards him and whisper,"Don't you see? She is teaching him cruelty; be cruel to The Queen, Wolsey and even that poor Princess Mary. When he tires of her he will use the cruelty she has taught him and she will feel his anger. She is changing him-every day he grows crueller and I don't want you to be their when all who have sworn their fealty to her fall-because they will Edward."
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:45 pm

Edward smiled,"Elizabeth...Lizzie...Lilibet?"

He giggle and winked,"Please my sister-do this please. I think you will grow to like her-I am told she is kind to all her ladies."
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:48 pm

I glare at him,"Fine,"I say with a serious face and wrap my arms around my knees.

Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:51 pm

Edward tilted his head and winked,"Lizzie?"
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:53 pm

I kick him playfully and grin-unable to be annoyed with Edward for too long,"Fine, fine, fine!"I say giggling,"I will go see her and wait upon her but I expect a very fine sable in black for Christmas."
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:57 pm

Edward laughed heartily,"You can have two,"he joked and then stood.

"I had better go-this little one needs his sleep...and his mother,"Edward kissed Elizabeths cheek and hugged her with one arm as he carefully held Thomas,"Goodbye LIzzie."

Edward then slipped out the room.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:04 pm

I laugh and embrace him goodbye,"Goodbye Edward,"I say and wave as he leaves.
Back to top Go down
Jane Craven
Duchess of York
Jane Craven

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:45 pm

My most entirely beloved child,

My own heart-I miss you entirely. I can still see you and your brothers skip through the orchard near our home and I still hear your perfect laughter which -for me- is sweeter than lark song. I hope you are well as I remember courtiers falling in during the summer months when I was a lady in waiting for the Queen. That poor woman...
I have heard that your brother has secured you a place in that harlots household and I ask you for the love you owe to me as your mother-be of good cheer. We are on the side of the angels-I pray you still contact our gracious Majesty and give her comfort that we still pledge our fealty to her. You must be as your father was during times of conflict-be the fox like he. Always be on the winning side but never forget who you are.

I have heard from Edward that his wife has given him a son which pleases me more than I can tell you. I also bring news that Alice is expecting a child however she is not so well with this child so give her your prayers and write her as I know she loves you like a sister. She is a good girl and I visit her, Thomas and little Edward often.

Finally I tell you sweetheart that I will arrive at court within the week this letter reaches you. I hope to see you soon and no doubt as beautiful as always.

Your mother

Jane
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:10 pm

I return to my chamber and hurry in with Bridget. I carefully latch the door tightly shut,"Take a seat,"I mumble as I get distracted by a piece of parchment on the floor. I read it intently and grin as I read it is from my mother.

I then turn to Bridget,"Would you like anything?"
Back to top Go down
Bridget Von Hoffman
Lady-in-waiting
Bridget Von Hoffman

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 7:38 pm

Bridget sat down carefully, and deeply sighed. At least she has Lady Elizabeth. Bridget rubbed her arms, and looked at Lady Craven. "Yes. Could I have a drink, please," she asked.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 7:08 pm

I nod and carefully tuck the letter into my sleeve, I remove my hat and drop it on my bed. Then I walk over to the small jug of warmed ale and pour it into a goblet. I glance to Bridget and notice she rubs her arms...perhaps she is cold and she has mud from the garden splattered on her dress like messy brush strokes on a painting.

As I hand her the goblet I smile and touch her shoulder. I then walk to my wardrobe and sift through the mass of clothes. I finally decide on a pretty golden dress. I drape it over a chair by the fire to warm it,"I'll leave this dress for you to change into,"I whisper kindly and sit beside her.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bridget Von Hoffman
Lady-in-waiting
Bridget Von Hoffman

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 9:06 pm

Bridget gently took the goblet, and took a sip of the ale. She heavily sighed, and them smiled softly. Bridget loved the feeling of the warm ale gently falling down her thoart. She looked at the amazingly elegant dress draped over a chair. And, she was allowed to wear that. Bridget smiled happily. She gently put the goblet down, and walked over to the gown. And, turned to face Elizabeth. "Oh, thank you so much," she said. And, she watched her leave, and Bridget slipped out of her messy dress, and into the nice clean one. There! She felt much better. "It fits perfectly," she said. With that she looked at herself in the mirror, and finished cleaning herself up. She turned around, and smiled.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 9:12 pm

I come back into the room and smile approvingly,"It suits you-keep it it was never very nice on me."

I walk forward and tap her shoulders,"Sit down and I'll do something pretty with your hair,"I say with a comforting smile. As she sits down I take my brush and some pins from my table,"Bridget,"I whisper as I comb her hair gently,"Will you tell me what your stepmother did?"
Back to top Go down
Bridget Von Hoffman
Lady-in-waiting
Bridget Von Hoffman

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 9:55 pm

Bridget nodded, and hugged Elizabeth. "Oh, thank you so much," she continued," I shall always cherish this lovely gown," she said. With that she pulled back, and she then sat down.

"Yes. I shall tell you," she replied. Bridget took a deep breath, and closed her eyes.

"Well, as a child I was always called 'Snow White'. My older brother Brendon told me our mother was sitting on her rocking chair, and pricked her finger. As the blood fell on the snowy windowsill she had prayed to God for another girl. She wished for lips as red as blood, hair as black as night, and skin as white as snow. And, I then I was born. I would not say I was the most beautiful, but my family and those who worked for us said I was an 'enchantingly beautiful babe'. Unfornately, my mother died a few days after I was born. And, my father remarried right away. The Baroness was extremely beautiful, and elegant. What, most people saw were her lavish parties, and her youthful appearance. But, there was a side to her no one knew about. A side so dark; that people would have to see it to believe it. As, I grew older she and her siblings became more beautiful, and the Baroness grew ugly, and mean.

She became so jealous of young mine and my sister's supposed beauty. All, the men paid us attention and no one ever looked the Baroness's way anymore. We traveled to the different estates of the baroness in various countries such as, Russia, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Poland, and Portugal. That is when Baroness began to abuse her us verbally, and it eventually escalated to physical. The abuse happened whenever the we somehow 'wronged' her in a way. My little sister Ophelia suffered the worst. Catherine said it was Ophelia's 'punishment.' Though, Brendon, Mabel and I knew better. Ophelia had been locked away in the basement many times and never had any food or water. And, Mabel was whipped many times. From the severe whippings large welts formed over her back, and bottom. And, my brother Brendon was forced to stand outside without any clothes on in the snow, and rain. I had only suffered few minor physical scars. I was left with a broken leg, and broken arm. But, the verbal abuse was the worst.

For example, the Baroness saw me overlooking a balcony and she cursed at me in a fit of rage, and spit in my face, knocked me to the ground and started slapping me. She called her names, and dragged me by my feet, and locked me away in the tower. She said I was never to leave! She said I was a terrible girl! And, I would pay. As if things could not get worse....my father died in battle. And, my stepmother had abandoned us after the clergymen from the church complained about the noise. But, she did come back. And, she freed the four of us, and complained she was encountered by the police and charged a fine for the noise. And, she had us all severely whipped. And, sent Ophelia back into the basement, and sent my brother and other sister in their rooms. But, she seemed to be up to something once she kept me.

I grew curious why she was being so nice. And, she pulled an apple from behind her back, and gave it to me. She told me to eat it. And, I took one bite.......and was terrified. The apple was all black on the inside, and at that moment I knew it was poisoned. She had poisoned me. The next thing I knew is after I woke up my siblings and I were saved. Poor Ophelia had died of starvation. She was nothing but, skin and bones. And, they found my stepmother but, they could do nothing because of how powerful she was. We had recieved as much help as they could get, and we each went our seperate ways...but we keep in contact. My brother Brendon has since left for Spain and is now a Knight. And, my sister and I became wards of an English noble family. But, Mabel married a duke moved away. And, here I am under the care of the same noble family. And, now your lady. But, she is also back," she said.

Bridget hated what had happened to her, and knew someway or somehow the baroness would get her.

Last edited by Bridget Von Hoffman on Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:06 pm

I carefully and very gently begin twisting and plaiting Bridget's raven hair. My fingers work quickly and I soon begin to create a pretty little design with her. I carefully slid the pins into the blackness of her hair and I glance down and bow my head when she tells me her mother died when she was just a child,"I'm sorry,"I whisper.

I listen to her story completely entranced and rest my hands on her little shoulders. As she concludes her long story I sigh-I must protect her,"I will look after you. I will talk to my brother Edward and get him to think of something-he is a gentleman of the privy council...perhaps he could intercede with the king on your behalf."

I walk to face her and my little heels click on the floor-I then kneel gracefully and gowns spills around me. I carefully take her hands and smile,"You'll be just fine-I promise and there is small room just off mine with a bed in it...it's always been there and I have never used it so you may sleep there if you wish until you feel safe enough in your own rooms."
Back to top Go down
Bridget Von Hoffman
Lady-in-waiting
Bridget Von Hoffman

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 11:00 pm

"Thank you," she continued," I wish I knew her," she said. She softly smiled to herself as she felt Elizabeth touch her shoulders. She tilted her head to the side, and arched an eyebrow. "He could help me? The Baroness is an extremely powerful woman," she continued," not even the Holy Roman Emperor could convict her. But, please, oh please, I need any help i can get," she replied. She smiled and squeezed Elizabeth's hands. "I would love that," she said.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 9:10 pm

I nod,"Absolutely. My brother has the ear of The King as he is a Gentleman of The Privy Council, my brother Thomas is a barrister so he could prove her actions are illegal. Even I could help-I am now a lady-in-waiting for Anne Boleyn because...well anyway...you know how besotted His Majesty is with her so if I interceded on your behalf she may speak of the matter to him."

As she agrees I smile and clap my hands,"Oh good-it will be fun. Maybe I will call for some music to be played,"I walk back to my wardrobe and look through the extensive gowns. I pick a long silk nightgown with lace trimming around the neck and sleeves. I decide on this for Bridget and open the door to the room off mine. I carefully fold it and leave it on the bed.

"I have left a nightgown there for you when you go to bed."
Back to top Go down
Bridget Von Hoffman
Lady-in-waiting
Bridget Von Hoffman

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:19 pm

Bridget chuckled as Elizabeth clapped her hands. "I must say I am very happy. And, that I am very grateful to know you are my dearest friend," she said. Bridget watched as Elizabeth walked into her wardrobe, and walk back out with a nightgown. "Thank you," she continued," I apperciate everything you have done for me," she continued," And, I love my hair," she chuckled. With that she came to her feet, and hugged elizabeth again.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 8:06 pm

I smile contentedly,"Good...I am very glad that you are here and that I can help."

I sit down on my bed and whisper,"I have something I must tell you and you must not tell anyone,"I then add playfully,"On pain of death."
Back to top Go down
Bridget Von Hoffman
Lady-in-waiting
Bridget Von Hoffman

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:05 pm

Bridget smiled warmly. And, watched as Elizabeth sat down on her bed. She had a secret?! And, this secret.......no one could know..... Bridget was a bit intrigued. What could it be. She nodded. "Of course," she continued,"Of course I shall keep anything you tell me a secret," she replied.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 2:53 pm

I hold my hands to my cheeks as I blush a little,"Oh Bridget,"I sigh.

"I think I am-"I stop and hold my head in my hands and sigh."

Back to top Go down
Bridget Von Hoffman
Lady-in-waiting
Bridget Von Hoffman

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:05 pm

Bridget smiled. She cupped Elizabeth's hands back. "You are in love," she continued," That is wonderful! I swear though I shall not tell anyone," she said. Bridget wanted to jump up and, down on the bed like a child.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber   Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elizabeth Craven's BedChamber
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next