The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:04 am

Alice smiled. "That was wonderful, Lady Eleanor, and very thought-provoking." She applauded. "I wish I possessed some talent, anything. But I am content in what I have. You, however, have much to offer the world. I can't wait to hear great things of you!"
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Eleanor smiled. "Thank you, I am pleased you enjoy it. I am always inspired by things around me and always practice my craft so I can do it well. Never doubt that you dont possess some skill, when you set your mind to do something and try it, you can accomplish anything."
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:17 am

Alice pursed her lips together. "Perhaps I may have a go and try to write verse.. I can assure you, you shall find no competition from me, my lady." she chuckled warmly.
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:13 pm

Eleanor laughed. "There will be no rivalry between us. Lady Alice, forgive me, but I am expecting a visit from my brother Charles soon and must prepare for it. He wishes to catch up with me for it has been a long while since we last saw each other and spoke and I do miss him very much. Perhaps we can meet tomorrow and go for the ride we talked of earlier?" Eleanor said, hoping she hadn't offended Lady Alice by dismissing her so quickly.
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:09 pm

"Oh but of course, I should go anyway. I've kept too much of your time." She smiled as she rose to leave. "No offense taken, dear, I know family is important and the duke's business is probably very important." She gave Eleanor a quick embrace. "Of course, send word when you are ready for our riding trip. I do hope to see you again soon!" She said as she left.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 6:33 pm

"Charles decided to visit his sister Eleanor. He hadn't seen her since long time and he'd like talking with her. He crossed lady Alice More in the corridor and bowed kindly with his head. Then he stopped in front of Eleanor's door and knocked"

Nora...it's me, Charles. May I come in?
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:45 pm

Eleanor embraced Lady Alice before she left and made plans for their ride together. She was fully prepared when she heard her brother at her door and she went to the door and opened it to him and embraced him. "Charles. you may come in. It has been a long while since we last spoke. How do you fare?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 4:52 pm

"Charles hugged her back and smiled warmly"

Nora! I'm so happy to see you. I am...well, you can imagine. How are you, sister?

"He asked, walking with her inside room"
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 1:13 am

Eleanor smiles. "I am well, thank you! It pleases me to here you are well and of good health. What have you been up to as of late?" She asked, hoping he hadn't been working too hard.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 5:01 pm

"Charles sat on the sofa and smiled her back"

Well...after Margaret's death, I tried to be busy with King's matters. You know...working helps me so much...

"He answered, looking around room. Then sighed and turned his eyes to her"
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 6:05 pm

Eleanor nodded. "Margaret was a great woman, so loving and strong." She heard him sigh. "Is something bothering you, Charles? If there is, you know you can always speak about it with me freely." She said trying to comfort him.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 6:08 pm

"Charles smiled again and shook slowly his head"

Oh no...I'm fine. Don't worry about me, Nora. Rather you...where have you been...bad girl?

"He asked giggling, looking at her"
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 7:09 pm

Eleanor smiled and giggled, looking back at him. "I have been here, Charlie. I promise I have been a very good girl. I would never do anything to ruin my reputation. I have been thinking of marriage as of late and wouldn't be opposed to you finding someone of greatness for me." She said, hoping he has someone in mind already.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:08 pm

"Charles looked at her and smiled tenderly. He nodded"

Yes...I know that, Nora. And it's my duty thinking about your future. That's why I'm sorry for having neglected you, recently. But I promise that things will be different, since now...

"He squeezed softly her hand"
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:48 am

Eleanor smiled and squeezed his hand back.. "You have not neglected me, Charlie. Your business with His Majesty is of importance. How is King Henry these days?" Eleanor asked.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 4:24 pm

"Charles sighed again and shrugged a bit"

Oh...he spends all day thinking about his divorce. Now that Wolsey is banished from court, things should be easier for him. He still reminds you when you were a little girl, Nora. I think he will be pleased to see you again...

"He added with a warm smile"
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:59 pm

Eleanor laughed, remembering those days of youth. "I would be happy to see His Majesty if he asks for me. I hope his divorce comes soon, but I am sad to see Queen Katherine set aside for the Boleyn woman. I wish someone could make him see reason." Eleanor said, hoping Charles would take a hint.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:11 pm

"Charles leaned his back against the sofa"

Oh...you know how stubborn he is, Nora. Anyone can make him change his mind. Even me. But tell me...have you already some friends at court? I know it's hard coming back after so long time...

"He said with a curious glance"
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:07 pm

Eleanor looked at him. "I have made one friend so far, Lady Alice More. She is a wonderful woman! Should I be weary of her, knowing that she is Thomas More's wife?" She said, having had heard some horrible things of Sir Thomas.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:12 pm

"Charles frowned and looked curiously at her"

Why do you say so, sister? Sir Thomas is a good and religious man...everyone knows that at court. You should be honoured of being his family's friend....

"He replied, rather surprised by her words"
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:07 am

Eleanor looked to her brother.

"I am newly arrived at court, brother. I know not who to be careful with and who to be happily close with. I know Sir Thomas is a man of religion, but all men have their own agendas. I am honoured to be friends with his wife. If the More family is an honourable family, what family isn't?"

Eleanor asked, not wishing to make friends with someone who is hated at court.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 4:23 pm

"Charles raised his eyebrow, still confused. Then shook his head and showed her a smile"

I...I really don't know, darling. I just know that More family are very good people. And...with me around you, you've nothing to fear. Especially now...

"He paused for a while, before adding"

Because your old brother has been just declared President of Council by the King...

"He said proudly"
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 5:13 pm

She dropped the subject of friends and enemies. "President of Council? That is a very honourable position. I am so happy for you, brother! When we were young, I always knew you would amount to great things. I am happy His Majesty sees your potential. Would you like some wine, Charles?" She asks him, wondering if he is thirsty.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 5:40 pm

"Charles nodded with a warm smile on his face"

Yes...I'd like to, Nora...thank you! Just hope I'll never disappoint him. I'll have to divide this position with Norfolk...

"He said smiling, looking at glasses on the table"
Back to top Go down
Eleanor Brandon
Lady-in-waiting
Eleanor Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 8:00 pm

Eleanor filled two glasses with wine and handed one to him. "You will never disappoint him, Henry trusts you with all of his heart. Will it make things harder having to divide the position with Norfolk? I hope you can handle working so close to him." She said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber   Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eleanor Brandon's bedchamber
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next