The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Blissful Summer Feast

Go down 
+22
Gustav Vasa
Francis of Navarre
Benjamin Baines
Ursula Misseldon
Katherine Tudor
Mary Rose Tudor
Jane Parker
Royce Westmoreland
Catherine Parr
Emma Moore
Charlotte Rosenauer
Mionetta Rizzo
Niklaus Petrovin
Anthony Knivert
Maria Enriquez de Luna
Anne Boleyn
Thomas Wyatt
White Royalsun
Victoria Brandon
Charles Brandon
Catherine Willoughby
Nan Saville
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Ursula Misseldon
Lady-in-waiting
Ursula Misseldon

Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:58 pm

Catherine Parr wrote:
I saw lady Ursula all alone at the summer feast  so i decided that i would walk over and say hello
she look so alone .

good evening Lady Ursula how are you ? its a lovely party there are so many lords and ladies here
the music is wonderful . have you had the pleasure of meeting anyone here at court ? there are so many lords i bet waiting in line for your hand.

i smiled and waited for her to respond . she smiled back at me

I saw the Lady Catherine approach me and it was a relief to have someone to talk to.  I dropped a curtsy and said to her:  My Lady Catherine, I am well thank you.  This is a lovely party and so many people are here.  I have not made the acquaintance of very many here at court.  You are so kind to say there are many Lords waiting for me, I have not made any acquaintance with them.  You are so beautiful, I can imagine you are betrothed, if not married already.  Can we walk in the garden or picnic sometime?  

I returned her smile. and waited for a response.
Back to top Go down
Ursula Misseldon
Lady-in-waiting
Ursula Misseldon

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 4:01 am

I saw the Lady Catherine, walk away as I began to speak. Once I began to speak, I could not stop the words. I sip on my wine and hope she does not think me rude. I had been taken by surprise that so great a lady chose to speak to me. I stand sipping wine and hoping for someone to speak with me or to ask me to dance. This is a lovely party.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Parr
Baroness Borough of Gainsborough
Catherine Parr

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 5:54 am

I smiled back at Lady Ursula, I replied " why yes i would love to take a walk in the gardens
with you Lady Ursula that would be lovely" and as for the party yes there are so many here
and it such a lovely party. and so many lords and courtiers here so many to choose from.

have you seen a young man or a lord you would like to meet or dance with ? i am not yet married or promised to any one i am waiting for the right man to come along.

is your family here ? how are they ? have you seen his majesty ? or my lord Brandon ?
they seem to be missing i wonder where they could be .

I waited for her response.
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Baines
Duke of Pembroke
Benjamin Baines

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 7:03 pm

Ben returned to court, and to the summer feast. He had been away in Germany for several months and now upon his return, court seemed quiet and a bit odd. Taking a goblet of wine he made his way around the room to see who was new and whom he could meet.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 7:12 pm

I circulate the room, gliding across the floor. My gown floats behind me and my hair tumbles down my back. Courtiers smile and bow as I pass them; murmuring "Your Grace" and lowering their heads out of respect.
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Baines
Duke of Pembroke
Benjamin Baines

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 7:20 pm

Ben noticed a new royal, although he wasn't sure who she was, just that she was widely beautiful. As she passed he bowed. "Your highness" he said hoping he would get a chance to speak with her.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Seeing a man I don't recognise; I smile graciously and look at him as he speaks.
"My Lord?" I extend my hand for him to kiss.
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Baines
Duke of Pembroke
Benjamin Baines

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 7:56 pm

As she extends her hand he placed a gentle kiss upon it and glanced up at her. "I have never seen you at court before, have you just arrived?" he asked boldly while desperately wanting to know her name.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:39 pm

I smile brightly "Yes, yes I am."
My Lady-in-waiting steps forward and speaks 'You are addressing her Grace, the Princess Katherine of England.. his Majesty's beloved youngest sister'...I blush as she speaks. My smile is faintly at the man.
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Baines
Duke of Pembroke
Benjamin Baines

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 am

He gulped not knowing his majesty had another sister. "Tis a pleasure to make you acquaintance your highness" he bowed again. "I'm Benjamin Baines, Duke of Penbroke."
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:08 am

"I'm honoured your Grace" I incline my head. "I was raised away from court." My smile brightens, as I arrange my golden hair to tumble over my shoulders.
"Has your Grace just returned to court?"
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Baines
Duke of Pembroke
Benjamin Baines

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:11 pm

I tired to focus on only her words, but my mind wandered as she adjusted her hair, I was like a moth to a flame. "Yes, I've just returned. I had been in Germany for a few months, however, I'm glad I have returned." I say with a smirk.
Back to top Go down
Ursula Misseldon
Lady-in-waiting
Ursula Misseldon

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 7:31 pm

Catherine Parr wrote:
I smiled back at Lady Ursula, I replied " why yes i would love to take a walk in the gardens
with you Lady Ursula that would be lovely"  and as for the party yes there are so many here
and it such a lovely party. and so many lords and courtiers here so many to choose from.

have you seen a young man or a lord you would like to meet or dance with ? i am not yet married or promised to any one i am waiting for the right man to come along.

is your family here ? how are they ? have you seen his majesty ? or my lord Brandon ?
they seem to be missing i wonder where they could be .

I waited for her response.
My Lady Catherine, there are truly so many handsome lords to choose from here. I am most interested in meeting any of them, as I have not many friends yet. I have a man in my life, Sir Robert Tavistock, but he does not come to court very often. I have only seen His Majesty a few times, he is most good looking, do you think? I have seen Lord Brandon but not yet spoken with him. I believe His Majesty must either be in Council Chambers or in his private chambers, perhaps with the Lady Anne. What think you of her? I thought Lord Brandon would be here. My family is not here, they stay in the country, away from court. Would it be good to walk in the garden tomorrow? Is your family here at court? Do you have your eyes set upon one of these fine lords? They all seem to dance quite well.

Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 7:45 pm

I smile at him "Germany? How wonderful...did you meet the Emperor Charles?" Blushing at his smirk, I look down.
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre
Francis of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 7:59 pm

After spending a wonderful afternoon making a brand new friend in the rose garden, we decide to make our way into the summer feast together.  We arrive, freshly dressed, and in a good mood. His Royal Highness The Prince Francis d'Albret of Navarre accompanied by Her Grace The Duchess of Norfolk, the servant says as we walk in.  Immediately we grab goblets of wine and mingle about.  I strive to make myself familiar with the English Court as I will be here a while.  I do see Katherine off to the side, talking to someone I do not know but I turn my attention to the guests.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 8:11 pm

I turn hearing the announcer boom the prince's entry and his companion: the Duchess. My smile doesn't falter, my face doesn't move but my mind turns to why he and her Grace are together. I return my attention back to the Duke and smile even more brightly. "Your Grace, tell me are you friends with my brother or my sister?"
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Baines
Duke of Pembroke
Benjamin Baines

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 8:33 pm

Ben saw her attention turn when another royal entered the room, although his eyes stayed on her, she was more intriguing than anyone he had ever met. "I have met them before but as for friendship, that does not come easily with the King of England." He shrugged and thought how great it would be to be in his majesty's favor.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:38 pm

I nod, smiling graciously as I do. "My brother can have his moments but he is very kind and friendly...well, I think so!" Giggling, I take a goblet of wine as a servant offers one.
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre
Francis of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:28 pm

I wander away from the Duchess and move to a nearby table and I sit down with some of the Spanish Ambassador's entourage, speaking our native Spanish. My gaze keeps returning to Katherine and I cannot contain my smile. Even from afar, she is stunningly beautiful...
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Baines
Duke of Pembroke
Benjamin Baines

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 5:24 am

Ben smiled "Yes, and quite intimidating" he chuckled and took a drink of his wine as well. "Tell me your highness, how does a lady such as yourself come out of as if in the shadows, and charm me, a gentleman?" He asked with his eyes only on her.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 6:07 am

Blushing "With some skill, my Lord Duke!" I smile teasingly and sip my wine. "In truth, I have no idea! Do you find me charming your Grace?"
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Baines
Duke of Pembroke
Benjamin Baines

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 5:04 am

Her face glowed even more as her cheeks turned bright pink. It was another feature that attracted him to her. Ben stood a bit closer to her and whispered, "Forgive me if i'm speaking out of tongue, however I find all of your womanly charms attractive." Ben was now expecting a slap across the face or worse. He was a man of words, and almost always said what he thought.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:19 am

Slightly taken back; I look at him, my eyes widened...but I was also flatter that a man as handsome as the Duke found me attractive. "Your Grace flatters me greatly..." I lean closer and whisper to him softly "...I am betrothed to the Prince of Navarre..." I say it and look at him with doe eyes. I hope d this information wouldn't send him running from me or change his attention. I wait for his response with bated breath.
Back to top Go down
Gustav Vasa
King of Sweden
Gustav Vasa

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 5:56 pm

King Gustav is seated at the great dining table enjoying the sumptuous feast arrayed before him. It delights him that King Henry has seen fit to include his favourite meal of savory smoked salmon, crisp and tasty roasted mackerel and tender cooked potatoes, and thus he digs in heartily. As Margaret  remained in their quarters, resting from the exhausting journey, Gustav dined alone. At last his eyes catch a familiar face. He drops the morsel of salmon between his fingers and wipes his mouth with the cuff of his sleeve, as his eyes widened at the figure he beholds~none other than Prince Frederick of Denmark. Son of his sworn enemy, King Christian of the Danes and opponent on many a battlefield. What matter of business had he at the English court? Cannily, he watches the prince, Goblet in hand, mingle in the great hall with the other guests...unable to bear it any longer, Gustav rises purposefully and brusquely approaches his target. Frederick turns to him.

"What are you doing here, Danish jävel!" Gustav says as he lays his hand on the pommel of his dagger.
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Baines
Duke of Pembroke
Benjamin Baines

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:40 pm

I take a look to where her eyes pointed, then back to her. "You are not married yet so I am nowhere in the wrong." I smiled and kissed her hand. "Would your betrothed allow you to accompany me to the gardens?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blissful Summer Feast   Blissful Summer Feast - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blissful Summer Feast
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next